Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whisker biscuit

Old 08-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default whisker biscuit

can you shoot carbons through the aluminum biscuit? other then having a larger hole to accomidate the fatter alum arrow is there any difference? i know that i would have to rise the rest after the switch to return it back to level.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: whisker biscuit

I got one on one of my bows. I got a good deal on it and it hasnt seemed to matter at all.

rick
Old 08-26-2008, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive got the medium on my bow and have to problems untill I shoot my broadheads, then my arrow drops 3-4 inches. Other than that, it works just fine!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Ive got the medium on my bow and have to problems untill I shoot my broadheads, then my arrow drops 3-4 inches. Other than that, it works just fine!
did you try adjusting your rest?

rick
Old 12-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Spike

All Whisker biscuit arrow rests come withe the swcond generation biscuits. This second generation biscuit incorporates zone-specific fibers , each designed for a specific function. The brown fibers cradle the arrow, providing the complete arrow support you've come to expect. At the shot, they allow the arrow to pass through without fletching damage. The black fibers, at the bottom of the rest, support the arrow perfectly, just as they always have.
=================
SMARTLIPO
Get Cash Fast
Old 12-08-2009, 03:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, you can shoot carbon arrows out of a WB...They make inserts with different size holes for different diameter arrows...It would be best to change the insert to match the arrow...
Old 12-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rajkumr48
All Whisker biscuit arrow rests come withe the swcond generation biscuits. This second generation biscuit incorporates zone-specific fibers , each designed for a specific function. The brown fibers cradle the arrow, providing the complete arrow support you've come to expect. At the shot, they allow the arrow to pass through without fletching damage. The black fibers, at the bottom of the rest, support the arrow perfectly, just as they always have.
=================
SMARTLIPO
Get Cash Fast
Not to umm knock you Wisker Biscuit sales pitch but I had the second generation biscuit for almost two seasons till I got tired of re-fletching my arrows. And it didn't matter if it was an arrow i fletched on my own or one that I bought that was already fletched. They still managed to get torn off!! I even shoot a 2 inch blazer vane and that didn't help. Finally went to the Limbdriver from vapor trail and problem solved. Bad thing is I sold the WB to a guy a know and now he is having the same problems even after putting a new biscuit on there!!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny, I've had a WB about 6 years, no problem...
Old 12-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
Funny, I've had a WB about 6 years, no problem...
I know a guys who has had one for a few years and never had an issue, that why I wanted to check it out for myself. But for some reason I just couldn't keep fletchings on and now my friend can't either. I guess I just got the lemon, I don't know. Either way I'm glad it happened because I luuuuuuve my Limbdriver that thing is bee knee's
Old 12-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Spike

i've had a WB for 5 years and i fletch my own arrows. i put a drop of glue at each end of the fletch and i almost never have a vane come loose.

Quick Reply: whisker biscuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.