Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Recovery, What To Do After the Shot. >

Recovery, What To Do After the Shot.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Recovery, What To Do After the Shot.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Spike

Very sound advice Rob. If only patience was every hunter's virture. If your unsure about the shot, give it time. Just lose your first deer and you'll be wish'n you followed that advice word for word. If the deer is dead in 2hrs, he'll still be dead 4-6 hours later. So stay calm and be patient.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

How about a shoulder hit? Im letting him lay over night i stuck him he mule kicked ran 25yds bedded down got up walked to the tree row and couldnt see him no more whats my chances of finding in the morning I have been freaking out the whole night about not being able to find him 66#draw 2blade rage he has a 2" hole in him

Last edited by pearsontx4; 10-14-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Spike

Thanks for posting this Rob.

Last edited by Alice748; 11-12-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Spike

I carry an older arrow in my quiver that I use as a "marking arrrow" to point the place where the deer was hit. Makes it easier to start tracking because the woods look different once you climb down.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Banned

intresting
Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

@ Falcon nice tip on the peroxide! thanks
Old 03-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Spike

First thing I do is calm down and replay the shot in my mind paying attention to shot placement and direction the game went. Second I move to the shot spot to look for any initial blood in order to determine vital or vitals hit and determine a time to wait before tracking. I have had great success with this method and it has left me with no spoiled meat or coyote torn animals. Also I would appreciate any and all comments or views at my channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BoonerOu...?feature=guide
Old 06-15-2012, 01:13 AM
Spike

these are very useful tips for good hunting
Old 09-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Spike

I'm also going for my first deer with my first compound bow. Very helpful. Thank you. And great picts!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to hunt with a bunch who were lousey shots, but had access to allot of woods that I didnt. I was sorta new in town and started pushing small sections with them. Out of all the deer we killed, I think I killed 3/4 of them, and most of my shots were hard hits, dropping the deer in pretty close. Many of the rest of the bunch would wing them, but we always recovered them, even if it was hit in a lower leg. Its a neet little trick, and involves knowing your area. If there is a bad hit, dont pressure the deer, just wait untill a couple of guys set up down the way the deer is moving. Then one guy goes in to follow, and stay on the radio in case they need to adjust. I dont hunt with those idiots any more, but It was an effective trick i learned from them. I also like using my St. Bernard to find deer even if I know where it fell. He loves finding dead deer for me! I stick one, and go home and get the dog, when he sees me in my hunting clothes, he knows what we are doing.

Quick Reply: Recovery, What To Do After the Shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.