HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   THE MONSTER THAT GOT AWAY... (PICTURE INCLUDED) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/259619-monster-got-away-picture-included.html)

TexasOaks 08-25-2008 10:37 AM

THE MONSTER THAT GOT AWAY... (PICTURE INCLUDED)

I have to share this story because its part of bowhunting... I tell the story because I took the picture for him and he didn't have time to post it, the story starts out like this, my brotherwent out to the stand like every other day (I was in Dentonstudying for a big test I had at UNT). I get thisphonecall (I had beenwaiting anxiously for an update), Icould hear the excitement, he said it was the bestday and the worst dayall inone. He said hehad ahuge buck come in across the food plot butstopped behind atree where he couldn't take an ethical shot.He need just four more steps, but the buckdecided to turn around and head back into the woods.He said if he had a gun he would be on our wall not our neighbors but he just couldn't get a shot off with a bow (it was opening gun weekend too).The next week talking toourother neighbor, said our neighbor hadjust shot a huge buck and he went todescribe it and weknew that was the one my brother saw. Theyjust got themount back and here is the picture with my brother:

Siman08/OH 08-25-2008 10:43 AM

RE: THE MONSTER THAT GOT AWAY... (PICTURE INCLUDED)

Sorry and cangrats at the same time ;)

Bullet Hole Bailey 08-25-2008 10:43 AM

Bummer!

Sure is a cool and unique buck!

wis_bow_huntr 08-25-2008 11:08 AM

Sorry to hear about the bad luck. But atleast he knew he didnt have a good shot and the story could have turned out alot worse. Congrats to all of you, not just to the lucky one that was able to get him. Your brother made a great choice by not flinging arrows.

pa_yote_hunter 08-25-2008 11:14 AM

thats a neat buck for sure.....hopefully his brother will come walking by and give you guys a shot this time

Jim_IV 08-25-2008 12:14 PM

First of all.................where the heck have you been?![8D]

Nice buck, too bad he isn't on your wall.............at least his genes are running around you woods though;)

TexasOaks 08-25-2008 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

First of all.................where the heck have you been?![8D]

Nice buck, too bad he isn't on your wall.............at least his genes are running around you woods though;)
I graduated college (have a real job now), got married and been just really busy. But, we have been shooting all summer, food planting is around the corner as well as the season. It's about to get exciting. I havemiss theold place though. Iwill be around a lot more this fall.

Deleted User 08-25-2008 01:21 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

thehairlessone! 08-25-2008 03:44 PM

that stinks. Cool buck though!

rick

kelleno 08-25-2008 04:27 PM

Woulda been nice to be on your wall!