Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tresspassing to find a mortally wounded animal >

Tresspassing to find a mortally wounded animal

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tresspassing to find a mortally wounded animal

Old 12-31-2019, 11:29 AM
Spike

In my state you can not come on my property without my permission and getting caught has big consequences. If you come on my property for any reason with a gun and get caught that's felony trespassing and will result in bigger consequences. My property is fenced and posted and all gates are locked. There are big signs on each entrance that states no one is to enter without permission. If you shoot an animal and that animal comes in to my property you better call me before you come on the property (my numbers are posted) or you will be facing the judge. The reason I'm so strict is that
1. It's my property not yours. You do not have any rights to my property except that which I give to you.
2. I've seen several occasions where somebody shot a deer or hog on my property from adjacent property then claim they shot it someplace else and track it on to my place. It's pretty obvious when this happens and it is illegal to shoot into someone else property (or across road) without permission.
3. Finally in my state if you come on my property (even if you come on illegally) and get injured for any reason there is very good chance I'll get sued. In most cases the case will get dropped or thrown out but it cost me money to get it that far.

The reason I'm posting this today is that a "hunter" shot a deer on my pasture from the road last night and came on to my property to retrieve it. Lucky me last night I was out waiting for sounder of hogs that's been rooting my pasture and saw everything. I called the sheriff office and the game warden when the fool took a shot and by the time he was on my property the game warden showed up and the deputy was only few minutes behind. The fool was caught with a dead doe and a handgun in his pocket so he's looking at some serious consequences.

Last edited by kacey; 12-31-2019 at 11:34 AM.