HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   wearing eye glasses (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/259581-wearing-eye-glasses.html)

mfhunter27 08-25-2008 05:53 AM

wearing eye glasses

Hello again! It has been awhile since I have been able to enjoy this site! How has everybody been? I have a question for you all.

I have been having some vision problems and i need to get either eyeglasses or contact lenses. How many of you wear glasses while you are hunting and does it hinder you, cause unwanted glare, or any problems at all. Would love to hear from you all because I am reall not sure what to get!!!

Thank you all very much

wis_bow_huntr 08-25-2008 05:58 AM

RE: wearing eye glasses

I wear glasses when hunting. Ill admit it took a little bit to get used to but after a while it becomes second nature. If you go with glasses heres a tip to keep them from fogging up. Rub some dry soap on the lenses and then wipe off with a soft dry rag. Not sure how it works but it does.

JeramyK 08-25-2008 05:59 AM

I have been wearing them for the past few years now. When I was selecting my glasses I paid a little extra for an anti-glare coating on them and it works great. I work in front of computer screens all day and glare would drive me crazy. The only issue I reallyhadwas when I'd wear aface mask and the glasses tended to fog. But there are products out there that you can buy that will take care of that.

NCRemington700 08-25-2008 06:04 AM

Up until the last year or so I wore glasses while on stand. I didn't wear them while driving or reading, just hunting. They got to be a pain in the butt. I finally went to the doctor and got contacts. That was the best decision I could have made. They make everything much clearer...especially right at dusk when it's the toughest to see.

GMMAT 08-25-2008 07:04 AM

My vison isn't all that bad. I wear glasses when I sit at the computer.....but I'm not restricted to them to drive. I shoot a verifier lens with my 3D setup, but I don't use the verifier OR glasses when I hunt. I simply switch to a larger peep and I have no issues, that way. I also likely get the added benefit of being able to shoot in lower light, this way.

I wish you luck.

AF Hunter 08-25-2008 07:10 AM

I've worn glasses pretty much all my life. As long as you wear headgear with a bill on it, you shouldn't have any problems. Used to wear contacts but any dust particle that got in my eyes would drive me nuts. I'd hate to think about how I'd feel if I had a big buck in the sights and then something got blown into my eye... Choice is yours brother. Good luck.

Dr Andy 08-25-2008 07:12 AM

I'm the kind of guy thet wears sunglasses when it's cloudy out but not when I hunt. It's just one more thing to look through, I've already got my peep sight, my front pin hood and now these eyeglass frames. Remember they'll need to be secure and function like another anchor point!. Anyway I don't wear any glasses when I shoot. I've got an eye exam tomorrow and I think I may have to. Can't imagine putting contacts in my eyes, so I'll have to get used to the glasses!

wis_bow_huntr 08-25-2008 08:00 AM

Glasses arent as bad as most people think. Look at the dury boys they hunt with glasses on all the time and look how successful they are. ok its the bows PSE RULES!!! :D

RIStrutStopper 08-25-2008 08:00 AM

The only problems I've had is with them fogging up while wearing a headnet and when using binos.Iprefernot to be wearing glasses when using binos even with thetwist downeye cups. My vision isn't that bad, so I just don't wear them while hunting. In fact, my regular glasses got scratched last september when I moved and pretty much don't wearthem at all anymore. I never bothered replacing them. I wear prescription shades tho.

Carpmaster 08-25-2008 08:13 AM

I wear glasses all of the time...besides the mentioned fogging issues, I dont have any other isses beside focusing on my pins to the targetonce in awhile...