Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 getting prepped! >

getting prepped!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

getting prepped!

Old 08-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default getting prepped!

Since I got notified of being drawn for a public hunt my practice will intensify and started today! I'mnot going to over do it but wanted to know just where I'm at with my bows and hunting arrows.I have some arrows(est. 375 gr weight)I shoot and do really well with here in the yard then I have some built with heavy FOC that I plan on hunting with.3 bows and 3 different sets of arrows spec'd to the bows.Made minor adjustments to sights allowing for heavy arrows(485+) and started at 20 yards with bag for field point and block next to it for B/h's all three bows and their respective arrows shot fantastic,now the decision of which one to use as primary and which as backup! The 03 Extreme drives the arrows with a vengence but the age of bow the infinity cams are unforgiving...but man it is so fast and flat! The 05 Victory even with older string(Bucknasty) shot so close and easy to draw I was wondering if it was luck.The 07 Black Ice well that thing may shoot slower than the other two but it shots so smooth that you just don't feel like it should be drilling the arrows as deep as it doesand it's accuracy is fantastic.I can't go wrong with any but all the sudden it's got me wishing I hadn't spoiled myself with choices. They all are consistant from 20 thru 30 yards which I am going to limit myself to shooting.Wish me luck on my choices guys.