Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Play/Watch PSP while on the stand? >

Play/Watch PSP while on the stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Play/Watch PSP while on the stand?

Old 08-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Play/Watch PSP while on the stand?

I just got an iPhone 3g. I'm looking forward to seeing how well the GPS will work for hunting purposes. I've got games, books, weather, movies, music, maps, email, etc. I have to admit it is pretty dang awesome. I don't know how much I'll use while on stand, but I could use it for just about anything. Idea... what if I put a doe bleat sound on the iPod and played it through the external speakers! JK!
Old 08-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would rather just sit and listen myself... Seems like the deercould here the movies or games playing. I am not going to take a chance of scaring a buck that comes within range of me.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been known to send out the occasional text, but as far as reading or playing a video game that is beyond anything I'd ever do on stand.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:27 PM

I take mine during the rut and all day sits. Say what you want...I can only watch so many squirrels and birds and stare at the same trees so long. During the rut, I hunt for 2-3 weeks, every day, all day (or very close to it). There are a lot of hours there that there is no deer moving...and I get bored as heck.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

I bought one just for deer season last year hasn't hurt my hunting yet it has helped I don't use an ear piece I just mute the sound and it keeps me on stand longer. I don't usually pull it out until about 10:00am when I start getting bored if I'm not seeing deer then I can usualy make it till noon once I start playing I can still here everything around me and I don't get to wrapped up in the game.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

i usually carry a small paperback book for long sits but i try not to make it a habit
Old 08-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

Me and my buddies usually text back and forth letting each other know what we're seeing. That's about the extent of my technology that I take with me. I have taken a book a few times, but it's never been taken out of the bag.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:23 AM
Typical Buck

I have played a few games on my phone while hunting to keep from getting bored. I just got a new phone with the mp3 player so I might try that a little too at times but I dont want to miss something cause I am listening to music either

rick