HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   good arrows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/259407-good-arrows.html)

StruttinGobbler3 08-23-2008 08:05 PM

good arrows

I'm having a problem finding a decent brand of arrows to tune my new bow to...i'm not exactly what you woud call a bowhunting expert as i've only bowhunted a couple of seasonsso i figured i'd ask some of the masters on this sitewhat are some good high quality huntingarrows? i'd like to keep the price under a hundred bucks a dozen by the way...thanks for any advice

Sportsfann 08-23-2008 08:08 PM

RE: good arrows

Carbon Tech Whitetails, pretty darn good arrows.

GR8atta2d 08-23-2008 08:16 PM

I hunted and shot with Bemans ICS Hunter arrows for years. About 60$ a dozen.

I'm now a convert to Easton Full Metal Jackets. About $120 a dozen.

Both good, just depends what you wanna pay. Are the FMJ's noticably better than the Beamans for twice the price? Yes. Does the average guy who is just going to hunt and shoot enough to tune his bow need them? No.

bullmoose38 08-23-2008 08:20 PM

Checkout Beman arrows... I love the Beman MFX sure cant beat them!

wingchaser_labs 08-23-2008 08:26 PM

Carbon techs are a decent arrow with great specs but IMO not for hunting. I shot a few animals with them and had them continuously break and get poor penetration. So I went back to my carbon impacts. Their tolerances arent that great but more than good enough for the average hunter. They are super strong and get good penetration. Shot the same arrow through 4 deer last year and its still good to go. I've seen the same arrow get shot into a tree 3 times and it was perfectly fine (couldnt beleive it). I shoot Maximas now but they are more pricey than you wanted so I'd suggest tryin the carbon impacts.......... You should give your poundage and draw for everyone to help you find a sutable arrow too. It will help. WCL

OHbowhntr 08-23-2008 08:31 PM

Post up some spec's of your bow, what you shoot, DL, DW, approx. length of arrows you are going to shoot, and weight of tips. In the morning I'll throw your numbers on OT2 and give you a few good options. The arrows in my sig. line are as good as I can find for my general purpose use for the money. If you are shooting competition, etc, you may want something a little different, FAT MAX's, whatever, but for a good general purpose arrow, the Cabela's Carbon Stalker Extremes (by spec's they are identical to a Beman ICS Hunter with a better weight tolerance) I shoot are great and spine well with my set-up.

They run $52/dozen unfletched and cut to length plus shipping, and I've RH'd several of them, so I'm pretty sure their spined pretty consistent. ;)

kelleno 08-23-2008 08:31 PM

beman always have good arrows for under 100

wis_bow_huntr 08-24-2008 06:13 AM

PSE makes some great arrows, check em out!

buckmaster 08-24-2008 07:55 AM

Nobody's mentioned Gold Tip Xt Hunters? Ive never shot any other brand so I cant say They are the BEST arrow out there....

But I will say... I have NO reason to shoot any other arrow... I feel I have the Best arrow for under $100 dozen.

SCBigBuckHunter 08-24-2008 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: StruttinGobbler3

I'm having a problem finding a decent brand of arrows to tune my new bow to...i'm not exactly what you woud call a bowhunting expert as i've only bowhunted a couple of seasonsso i figured i'd ask some of the masters on this sitewhat are some good high quality huntingarrows? i'd like to keep the price under a hundred bucks a dozen by the way...thanks for any advice
Take a look at the Victory VForce arrows. You can get a dozen of V3's for less then a $100. They will have a straightness of .003 or less. I would also bet that half of the dozen would be a straightness of .001. They are very good arrows and you will not be disappointed. If you give me your draw weight and draw length I can let you know what spine you will need. Everyone I have had try them have been impressed.