HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   what is your bag limit in your state (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/259377-what-your-bag-limit-your-state.html)

bigtim6656 08-23-2008 03:37 PM

what is your bag limit in your state

what is your state bag limit. for both buck and doe.
Also how many tags must you pay for
here you must pay for each tag you use if you kill two with a bow you must buy two bow tags.

In indiana it is alittle hard to figure out.
You can get either two does or a doe and buck with bow.
Then you can get a buck with a firearm. If you did not kill one with bow.
Then with muzzleloader you can get a doe or buck. if you have not yet killed one.
So that gives you three does and one buck. or two does and a buck if you do not shoot the buck with a firearms.

Ok heres the hard part. we have bonus doe tags. those are set by county limits.
In sullivan county you can kill three extra does. i think with any weapon during it' season.
Then i fyou get all you deer in that county you can go to another county for my bonus doe tags.
The next countyover is 8.
If you hunted every county you can get like 300 plus deer.
The bonus anterless tags cost 25 for the first and 15 for everyone after it
seems to me they need to change it to make it easier to understand.

Paul L Mohr 08-23-2008 03:56 PM

RE: what is your bag limit in your state

Depends on how you want to go about it and where exactly you hunt, or if you hunt public or private land. The easiest thing to do in MI if you bow hunt is to get a combo tag for 30 dollars. This lets you shoot two bucks, or a buck and a doe depending on the season. One has to have at least four points on one side though I think.

Unless they changed it recently on private land you could get a doe permit a day in some areas.

There might be ways you can shoot more deer that I am not aware of though, I never really checked into it real hard. I rarely kill more than one deer a year, just don't have use for more meat than that.

Paul

JimPic 08-23-2008 03:57 PM

Pa. is one buck tag that comes with your license.Doe(antlerless)tags are WMU specific and applications must be sent in and issued by county treasurers.After the 1st round,you can send in another application for any WMU that still has tags left.There are some special reg WMU's that have unlimited tags for doe

TexasBowHunter 08-23-2008 04:05 PM

In the county I hunt in Texas, you are allowed 2 bucks and three does for all seasons combined. The deer tags are part of the hunting license, you can not buy extra tags here unless yourranch ispart of a state management program. Hunting/Fishing license here is $65 with all stamps except federalduck stamp.

bigtim6656 08-23-2008 04:10 PM

one think i do not care for here is there is no compound license you can get small game and fishing for 25 but no license that has deer turkey and everything. in ky for 65 or 70 bucks you got everything but the bird stamp

MNpurple 08-23-2008 04:15 PM

MN varies by the area you hunt. In my particular case in the southeast, I get one doe/buck tag for $26 and then I can getfour more anterless tags for $14.

Kid 08-23-2008 04:16 PM

In Illinois there is a 2 buck limit, and if your willing to buy the tags, you can effectively kill all of the Does that you want.

BrownBow33 08-23-2008 04:16 PM

In Illinois you can shoot as many does as you can afford to buy tags for. Our tags come with a combo anterless and either sex and i think that is $26. You can shoot a maximum 2 bucks a year.

millerhunter13 08-23-2008 04:44 PM

pretty much as many as you want:eek:seriously though, you normally need a doe tag aka anterless deer permit to shoot a doe, but there are places here where you can just walk on the land and hunt, they all have seperate bag limits.

JESUS loves archers 08-23-2008 04:53 PM

In northern Minnesota where I hunt we get 5 deer, but only one buck with any weapon,meaning you can only shoot 1 buck weather it be with a bow or a gun.