Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rage broadhead - loud >

rage broadhead - loud

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rage broadhead - loud

Old 08-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: rage broadhead - loud

I have found that material from my target will get stuck in the practice tip and if not cleaned out will make a noise. Other then that I have never notice any noise when I shoot.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:11 AM

ORIGINAL: luke/r
Therages I bought last year also make noise. The practice head and the broadheads them self. I can't explain it but they are definitly loud in flight. I have tried them on my GT arrows and my CX arrows. I have to say even though they make noise they seem to be a good head.
The same arrows, I shoot with a practice tip, no sound, then put the rage practice tip on and I can hear it cutting the air, I believe it is the holes cut out of the blades, like blowing over the end of a pop bottle. Shot this AM with a buddy and he couldn't hear it so maybe I'm making a deal out of nothing but for me it's like night and day.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Camp:

Is this your first run with shooting something besides FP's?
Old 08-24-2008, 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Camp:

Is this your first run with shooting something besides FP's?
With my new bow yes.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dip your Rage practice head into some vasoline, this will plug all the holes etc and will tell you for sure if its actually the head making the noise!
Old 08-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

i shoot them and i don't hear a thing... do you shoot the two blade of the three
Old 08-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

Try shooting one of the actual hunting heads just once to see if it make the same noise. I have noticed a small difference in with my practice rage heads but not with the actual hunting head. I wouldn't sweat it because i have sot three deer with the rage 2 blade and two of them were at 40 yards. With a shot that far the deer has plenty of time to duck the shot if he hears it.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter1591

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

The only RAGE you are going to have is your temper with these broadheads.
have you ever shot them???
Nope I just like talking about them! Yeah I shot two bucks with the rage. One shoulder hit and one deflected off a rib. Shoulder hit was my fault. Itcurled the tip of the broadhead. The rib shot was1/4 away shotat 20 yards on a 4.5 year old buck. My arrowhit the rib and dida 90 degree turn and went up into the shoulder. The buck grab the arrow and pulled it out. Trackedand jumped bothbucks and continued to watch them throughout the season. Shot one of the bucks during riffle season (the one I shot in the shoulder) Never had a problem with Muzzys going through ribs or shoulders. I changed because I read the forums, wish I never did. Rage might work on those small deer from south. But you shootbucks that go around 220-300 poundson the hoof, you need penetration.It is a good gut shot broadhead and thats it.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Dominant Buck

How big are the deer Lee and tiffanyLakosky shoot?
Old 08-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

How big are the deer Lee and tiffanyLakosky shoot?
Your right, they do shoot some hogs.....but I do believe they use G5 now. I wish my camera was working right now I would take a pic of my broadhead after it hit the shoulder. I kept the broadhead to show friends. It curled like an upside down L.

Quick Reply: rage broadhead - loud

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.