Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rage broadhead - loud >

rage broadhead - loud

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rage broadhead - loud

Old 08-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: rage broadhead - loud

Stab:

Shoot ANY......I mean ANY BH into the shoulder knuckle....and it will fail. Period. No BH is going to penetrate that.....and it's as hard as a rock.

I'm not surprised in the least with what happened to you. It would have happened to anyone who hit where you did.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

Slab I have shot a few "northern" deer with the rage and have never had an issue. We have even taken mulies and an Elk with them. No probs what so ever.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

If anything you need the Rage to take down a larger animal. I have never seen deer go such a short distance before they drop like i have with the rage. Like GMMAT said shoot any BH in that circumstance and you will get the same results.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I knew whenI heard that"THWAK" its wasn't good. I have gone through the shoulder blade before with a BH. Believe me its not where I was aiming. The blood trail was awesome for a flesh wound, there was no problem there. I just get sick to my stomach when I wound an animal.A friend hadthe same problem hitting a rib bone with the rage. Any ways I still have one rage left and Im going to use it on a doe for my earn a buck. The rest of the ammo is going to be slick tricks. I really want to see what happens when I hit the boiler room with the rage. I think its going to be a bloody mess.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Heres an entrance wound on a doe that i shot with the rage 2 blade last year. She went about 25 yards and crashed.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-24-2008, 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

And if you listen closely, you can also hear your heart beat.

I think you may be "trying" to hear something. I shoot the rage and yes, I can haer them cutting through the air, but I have heard that with EVERY broadhead I have ever shot. Broadheads make a tad more noise than a field tip, obviously because there is more surface area.

thanks very much guys
Old 08-25-2008, 07:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Camp:

Here's something else to think about......

When I shoot my bow (a new bow, to me).....I like to 1st listen to what I hear as I shoot it. When I change to a hunting arrow setup.....I like to get downrange and have someone else shoot it BY me. Hear me out, here.....and ALWAY (I can't stress this enough)...ALWAYS exercise EXTREME caution when doing this. But I'll have someone shoot it from a distance behind me while I stand off to the side, behind a building. I want to hear what my arrow sounds like traveling through the air. This is "more" important to me for the real-life, field situations.

And lastly.....I saw a video clip, once, of a guy shooting BH's at his block target. The camera was mounted on top of the target. He made clips of the sound heard from the archer's POV (or, point of audio, if you will). He again recorded the sound using the method I cited......getting the audio of the arrow, in flight.

And MOST importantly.....the audio he got of the arrow.....from the standpoint of the target.....was VERY telling. Let's just say the deer may hear your bow.....but I'd be VERY surprised if he heard your arrow coming at him. It was amazing. "Stealth" is an understatement."Silence" would be a better term. His little scenario showed that the ONLY thing heard from the target.....was the sound of impact (assounds pertain to the arrow, itself).....and by that time....the target islosing blood.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sound travels 4x faster thatmost arrows ... not sure if that helps in this scenario ....
Old 08-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ya when you stretch it . Nice hole, kinda reminds me of my ex fiances mouth BIG!

ORIGINAL: dstubb

Heres an entrance wound on a doe that i shot with the rage 2 blade last year. She went about 25 yards and crashed.

Quick Reply: rage broadhead - loud

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.