HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   My Son Bought A Bowtech Diamond (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/259276-my-son-bought-bowtech-diamond.html)

MOTOWNHONKEY 08-22-2008 09:57 PM

RE: My Son Bought A Bowtech Diamond

I shot a Diamond for about 8 years before Bowtech bought them. I still have it hanging on the wall. I bet they are even a better bow now with Bowtech behind them. I am glad you and your son are hooking up this season.

ericmcgehee 08-22-2008 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: kingvjack

Any Diamond is better than a Bear.... Just an opinion...
I used to think the same thing until I shot the newer fred bear bows. I love mine.

kingvjack 08-22-2008 10:06 PM

I've shot the new Bear..... My advise is... get the diamond tuned properly if you think the Bear is better

western outdoors 08-23-2008 08:12 AM

I've shot the new Bear..... My advise is... get the diamond tuned properly if you think the Bear is better
I'd put my Truth 2 up against any Diamond bow. It shoots and feels great. Not knocking the Diamond bows. I really like both the Black Ice and the Marquis a lot as well.

LKNCHOPPERS 08-23-2008 09:08 AM

I have the Diamond Black Ice since last year. I have shot a lot of bows andI prefer the draw cycle on this bow and the speed is good too. Some of the newer bowsare faster but they have two cams so your not really comparing apples to apples. It is a great single cam bow, light, very little recoil, and it is nice and small, very comfortable grip, adjustable draw stop, great for hunting. I had a chance to get a Mathews DXT, I tried it and it felt very similar, not a big enough difference to justify the cost. I think he will be very happy with his new Diamond. I just added an STS to mine. If he got the Marquis it comes with onebuilt in and the bow has a similar feel.

ron3775 08-23-2008 11:24 AM

I had an old bear. I bought a Diamond Rapture this past spring and love it. It is a smaller bow at just under 31" axle to axle with will be a big benefit in the tree stand. I haven't shot many of the new bows out there, but for the money, this one is perfect.

thehairlessone! 08-23-2008 05:43 PM

Any Diamond is better than a Bear.... Just an opinion...
LOL!

Both are nice bows. I have shot several of the diamond bows and they were great. I would love to have one but I always want a bowtech a little bit more

rick

Rory/MO 08-23-2008 05:47 PM

How can you say this bow is better than that bow?
I bet you there are people still shooting compounds from the 80's as good as a lot of people shoot todays bows.
It's about the person shooting it, not the bow.

AFH, congrats, any info on which model it was yet?

AF Hunter 08-23-2008 06:59 PM

No, I haven't been able to get ahold of him since last night. He'll be down here tomorrow to do some target practice.

AF Hunter 08-23-2008 07:21 PM

He just called, he bought "The Rock"