Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb >

First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Old 08-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Honestly Matt......Didn't know how the darned thing worked.....(just being honest). I wanted to give the LW a fair shake, too....and I AM. I really think I'm gonna like it. I'm not "down" on this stand, at all. Just giving real-life reports on what I'm encountering along the way.

I fully expect this to be my "go-to" stand in a lot of instances, this fall.

LOVE the rail on the summit....because I can sleep from 4:30AM to 6:00 and not worry about falling out of the tree.

Probably won't use the LW in the mornings, very often. We'll see.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

I disagree with elitist. Nobody on this site except perhaps someone who might be affiliated with Lone Wolf is more postive about their stands than me. As much as I love their climbers, I have voiced my opinions before on things I would like to be changed on the design.

For example I wish the back brace was not straight from side to side. I'd rather it be angled or bent toward the front of the stand to allow the user the ability to take more of an angle while raising the platform. That would help greatly in taking longer advances up the tree when first starting climbing, which I sometimes find a little difficult because of that straight across back brace. Maybe Lone Wolf designed it that way though to keep users from taking long advances.......a safety hazard not recommended by any tree stand manufacturer.

Its been mentioned hand climbing with the sitnclimb top may be sort of against the reason for owning the sitnclimb top. I admit to sometimes not resting my butt on the bar and using my forearms and elbows. I do believe its easier hand climbing with the sitnclimb top than using the actual hand climbing top.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Spike

IT WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER STAND IF THE BAR THAT YOU SIT ON COULD BE LOCKED INTO PLACE OUT FRONT. THAT WAY YOU COULD SIT AND CLIMB ON IT AND NOT HAVE YOUR KNEES FORCED INTO THE TREE. THEN WHEN YOU GOT TO THE TOP YOU COULD LEAVE IT UP AS A SAFETY RAIL OR SWING OUT OF YOUR WAY LIKE YOU CAN NOW. IT JUST SUCKS SITTING ON THAT BAR AND GETTING FORCED INTO THE TREE AND IT ALSO LIMITS HOW FAST YOU CAN ASCEND OR DESCEND THE TREE.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's REAL SIMPLE, use the stand the way it's intended to be used, and you'll be fine. If not, get a hand climbing stand. As far as it taking 15-20mins to get to hunting height, that's your inexperience that I menioned before. I'mNOT making fun of you either, just stating a simple fact. The review you're giving everyone is based on a beginner's view of the stand. You need to become proficient with it's useBEFORE you try to give a review of it.
You mentionnot being able to "take a little nap" with this stand, for fear of falling. If you've got your safety harness on, that shouldn't be an issue.You would have to be blind, and or hardheaded not to realize that everyone is saying the same greatthings about this stand.
Jeff, I will say, you're the only person I know of who could turn a simple treestand thread into 10 pages of back and forth, wellwhatever.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

If it's used RIGHT.....it'll take 20 minutes to get to the desired height.

I'm giving a real-life review of what I think of this stand......not a one-sided "All hail LW" endorsement. If I use the sit and climb bar every time (of course I'll use it......some).....this stand becomes VERY "marginal". I'm trying to maximize the advantageous aspects.

Used RIGHT....the increments in which one could ascend would be very small.
Tell you what, why don't you use the stand as its intended too, wait more than 2 days of having it, maybe actually hunt out of it, get good with it and if you still think that it takes 20 minutes to get 20 feet, then I will tell you that you should just hunt out of a ground blind and sit in it and stay outof treestands altogether.

20 minutes? I could climb 60 feet in 20 minutes. I never said the stand is perfect for everyone and everyone will love it as much as I, but you are saying all this and you've had the stand what? 2 or 3 days? How many times have you climbed with it? Seriously? I wanna know. Did you really buy this stand or did you take the LW challenge where they will let you try out a stand for 2 days and return it and not pay anything? They do that you know.

This is no longer as review of a LW climber to me anymore, it is simply a guy that is misusing a product and preaching about this and that wrong with it. I'm not against Summit or any other treestands. I still have my old summit climber, I have 5 or 6 hangons around that I use a little, I'm not a LW salesman or anything like that, I just hate to see a bad review of a stand that isn't even being used right by a guy that obviously wants to find somethingwrong with his LW.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hillbilly archer

If it's used RIGHT.....it'll take 20 minutes to get to the desired height.

I'm giving a real-life review of what I think of this stand......not a one-sided "All hail LW" endorsement. If I use the sit and climb bar every time (of course I'll use it......some).....this stand becomes VERY "marginal". I'm trying to maximize the advantageous aspects.

Used RIGHT....the increments in which one could ascend would be very small.
Tell you what, why don't you use the stand as its intended too, wait more than 2 days of having it, maybe actually hunt out of it, get good with it and if you still think that it takes 20 minutes to get 20 feet, then I will tell you that you should just hunt out of a ground blind and sit in it and stay outof treestands altogether.

20 minutes? I could climb 60 feet in 20 minutes. I never said the stand is perfect for everyone and everyone will love it as much as I, but you are saying all this and you've had the stand what? 2 or 3 days? How many times have you climbed with it? Seriously? I wanna know. Did you really buy this stand or did you take the LW challenge where they will let you try out a stand for 2 days and return it and not pay anything? They do that you know.

This is no longer as review of a LW climber to me anymore, it is simply a guy that is misusing a product and preaching about this and that wrong with it. I'm not against Summit or any other treestands. I still have my old summit climber, I have 5 or 6 hangons around that I use a little, I'm not a LW salesman or anything like that, I just hate to see a bad review of a stand that isn't even being used right by a guy that obviously wants to find somethingwrong with his LW.
This echo's what I said, and I agree. I'll say this without BSing. Once at the base of my tree, I'll be secured to the tree, andup to the 20ft level and settled in to hunt, in no more than 15mins total time. The actual climb only takes 5mins.I have this process down to a science, literally. But I've done it more than a few times.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

The actual climb only takes 5mins.I have this process down to a science, literally. But I've done it more than a few times.
Exactly! It takes more than 2 or 3 climbs in your backyard to get it down pat. He'll get it down IF he tries but it doesn't sound like he will, someone may get a good buy on a "like new" LW climber, lol.

Old 08-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just took mine out and tried it as a hand climber, I was 1 min 37 seconds faster[8D]

Then again I am younger than Jeff[8D]
Old 08-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

I just took mine out and tried it as a hand climber, I was 1 min 37 seconds faster[8D]

You're the man!
Old 08-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: Germ

You're the man!
If I used it like a hand climber more,I could get faster

Quick Reply: First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.