Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No Peep Users

Old 03-11-2003, 06:40 PM

Default No Peep Users

Want to know if you have used one and whether or not you like it and how it was to adjust to.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:14 PM

Default RE: No Peep Users

I dont use one, but have thought of one on numerouse occasions. I would think they would be hard to adjust to.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:17 PM

I liked it for target shooting but removed it because it didn' t work well for my style of hunting. Low light conditions made it difficult to see.

One positive note is that it did help me and after I removed it I didn' t miss it..the improvements remained without it,

Old 03-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

I just installed one and set it up last week and have had three outings on my own range with it (I' d have shot more but weather has been less than cooperative-but we need rain badly in the foothils and lowlands And we only have half of the snowpack in the cascades we need).

I have found that it is easy to get used to. The only quandry I have had is my own; whether to aim with my right dominant eye or my left. The decision was made today to use the left for a better sight picture. Being an old instinctive archer, I never bent my elbow in my past but need to with my Mathews and other compound bows. I frequently forget that little bend . . . and the No Peep picks it up every time.

As for low light situations the No Peep forces good form and you do not need to see the No Peep in low light conditions as long as you can see your pins. I found with a peep, I couldn' t see the pins to shoot in low light situations anyway. My second outing created an $11.00 bill at my pro shop for fletching repairs and new nocks. I' m Sold!

I believe the No Peep is well worth the effort to install and learn to use
Old 03-11-2003, 08:50 PM
Spike

Hey Woodbow, what problems did you have with the no-peep in low light condiitons? I bought the No-Peep as for most people that bought it, for the benefit in low light conditions. It has also tightened up my groups by making me very consistant. Once you get it set up and tightened down, you' re either anchoring the same way or your not....there' s no in between. It wasnt that hard to set up and I think it wise a wise purchase. It didn' t take that much to get used to either and actually find myself not even having to look at it much anymore. Don' t get me wrong, it' s stayin on my bow and I promise I' ll be taking a little peek at it when I' m at full draw on the big boy.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Spike

Hey Dick,

I' m glad ya went ahead and got one, and i' m glad it' s workin out for ya. I' m the guy that you asked for setup instructions from for the no-peep. if ya don' t remeber.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:07 PM

I ordered the no peep on friday and just got it today did' nt get to play with it yet can' t wait to get it set up and try it out.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:08 PM
Typical Buck

RE: No Peep Users (in reply to schlich92)

Hey Dick,

I' m glad ya went ahead and got one, and i' m glad it' s workin out for ya. I' m the guy that you asked for setup instructions from for the no-peep. if ya don' t remeber.
Yep I do remember. The only problem I had was that with my Mathews ' FX' I have a very small sight window. I actually had to set the angle bracket on a bias . . . but it works. The darned thing picks up even the smallest of errors. I can hardly wait to try it on a nice Bull Elk (if I draw a permit this year).
Old 03-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Woodbow,
I' m not sure what problem you would have in low light, as that is one of the benefits of the NoPeep. I myself have regularly been shooting with mine in almost total darkness, putting in tight groups at 25 yards. I wonder if maybe the one that you had was defective?
Trebark
Old 03-12-2003, 07:05 PM
Spike

I have had one on two different bows and my son also has one. When they are set correctly the real plus is that they are VERY visible in extremely low light. I could see mine long after the pins disappeared and I went to brighter pins in order to be able to see them as well as the no-peep in the dim lighting one encounters in hunting. I fail to see how anyone wouldn' t find them helpful in low light hunting situations. One comment I will make is that they don' t show up as well in artificial light at an indoor shooting range as they do in natural light when outdoors.