Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Define "High Fence" >

Define "High Fence"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Define "High Fence"

Old 08-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Define "High Fence"

Any fence that keeps the deer from leaving if they want or coming in if they want. I think most high fence farms are at least 8 feet. If momma and her young ones can't leave... it's a high fence.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:02 PM

Let me stir for a minute....

If someone fences in wild deer, they are stealing from the public for their own benefit....Period, that's the way I see it! Is it legal for any of us to trap a deer in our backyard and keep it in a pen as a pet if the pen is a1 or 2acres with plenty of food, water, and cover...is that legal anywhere in the US? What does the size of the pen have to do with it?

As far as hunting an island... those animals DO have the choice to leave, no one is stopping them.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:15 PM

All you need to ask is......would P&Y or B&C see it as high fenced?? Would a big buck be in the books if killed there??
Old 08-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Oh, it's cool alright and I love to watch them. Because we are a research, development, test and evaluation base, we have every type of a/c the navy and marines currently fly. It's awesome to watch, but I don't like hunting around it if I don't have to.

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Maybe it does get old because you are trying to do so while hunting, but I think it’d be pretty cool to watch military jets take off on a regular basis. That stuff amazes me.

Oh yea, does hunting on an island(where the game cannot swim elsewhere) equate to a high fence?
Old 08-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Great Point! I did not think of the low spots and ditches, but that is possible.

[quote]ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I'll let you fellas argue over the height, however, one of my concerns could be the bottom of the fence. Are there many low spots, ditches, creeks, etc. where the deer can readily go under the fence, or is it secure from top to bottom?

Old 08-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

True. Wish I knew the answer.

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

All you need to ask is......would P&Y or B&C see it as high fenced?? Would a big buck be in the books if killed there??
Old 08-21-2008, 05:50 PM

Well Navy it does kind of kill the whole arguement from one point doesn't it. I mean P&Y and B&C are supposed to be the experts in fair chase, you Tecomonte Ranch I guess can never enter a buck in the books.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

True. Wish I knew the answer.

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

The answer is no NavyHunter. P&Y and B&C don't see it as fair chase at all (High Fence Operations) in which I 100% agree with them on. So no they wouldn't be able to be entered in the books. I'm not sure what there stance is when It comes to Military Bases though.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude,

Who cares? If you want to hunt it, then hunt it! Pay no attention to the ladies here. Let them talk, squawk, and sip tea like little old hens do! I won't think any less of you! Have fun!

Remember,animals need managementeverywhere...call it fishing, call it hunting, call it dining, call it whatever you want! Big minds make extreme choices. Little minds stay home and drink beer!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Speaking of fishing, whats the difference between catching a state record largemouth in a 1 acre pond and shooting a buck in a 1 acre pen? Just food for thought.....

i still see it as high fence hunting

Quick Reply: Define "High Fence"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.