HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Mans best friend (for all you Scent freaks) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/258841-mans-best-friend-all-you-scent-freaks.html)

my7pointmonster 08-20-2008 02:53 PM

Mans best friend (for all you Scent freaks)

My dog, Abbie sleeps in my room with me on her own bed on the floor. Well She wakes up when I do and she dosent stray far from my side, anyhow. I realized something even after I put my hunting clothes on, she still is right next to me. Does anyone think that their dog or cat could be rubbing all kinds of scent on you?? and if so, is this why you spray down upon arrival?

Ryan.

SwampCollie 08-20-2008 02:58 PM

RE: Mans best friend (for all you Scent freaks)

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

My dog, Abbie sleeps in my room with me on her own bed on the floor. Well She wakes up when I do and she dosent stray far from my side, anyhow. I realized something even after I put my hunting clothes on, she still is right next to me. Does anyone think that their dog or cat could be rubbing all kinds of scent on you?? and if so, is this why you spray down upon arrival?

Ryan.
This is why I get dressed upon arrival. The dog goes dang near everywhere with me. Heck you could weave a golden fleece out of the hair that is matted down in the carpeting on the fold down seat, even though you can't see it... I'm sure its down there. I use scent tight bags and all that to store my clothes in. Not sure how much it helps, but it sure doesn't hurt. That way I'm not sweating or stinkin up my hunting clothes ont he way to the woods, which often ecompasses 25% or more of the total time I spend in them.

Bowtech 360 08-20-2008 02:59 PM

Are you kidding me? I put all the pets in a kennel from June-end of season. I also spray everybody that comes to my house in a strong bacteria killing agent. If they wish to come into my house they must be wearing Full scent lok. I also have my house cleaned everyday with unscented detergent. My house is so clean this time of year you think your nose is broken you dont smell anything.

nodog 08-20-2008 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

Ryan.

As for my dog who is a blue tick coon houndand scent sensitive, I'm often amazed when he, dispite my warnings trys to scent me after I dress for hunting. The only thingI can figure is his lack of scent (of me)causes him to disreguard my instructions.

I don't let him touch me. He's almost unstopable.

As for being a scent freak, I find those who aren't selling something are the best at judging. Critters let me know if I'm on the right track, most of them agree I am, including my dog.