Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 All I could do was shake my head in disbelief >

All I could do was shake my head in disbelief

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

All I could do was shake my head in disbelief

Old 08-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default All I could do was shake my head in disbelief

I was watching the show "Higher Ground" the other day. Let me start by saying that I like the idea of the show. If you haven't seen the show the host takes out different people who have done something good for their country/community/town and takes them on a hunt. For example, the show I watched he took a pastor from Texas and his son on an Arkansas deer hunt. The pastor had lost his father to cancer I believe and something else tragic had happened. Anyway they all go on this deer hunt and the first person they show hunting is the host. He kills a bruiser buck and him and his guide walk up to it and kneel down beside it.

What gets me is they blurred out the guides binos that were hanging around his neck. I don't even know if you could have read the brand name on them had they not blurred them out. I mean is it that big of a deal? It's just seems like that is taking it overboard. I guess the sponsors of these show are more in control than I thought
Old 08-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: All I could do was shake my head in disbelief

Sadly, that's becoming the way of it in our way of life, at least from the commercialized end of things.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya, I guess he doesn't believe in his sponsors product!
Old 08-20-2008, 10:00 AM

What is there to disbelieve? If one of my sponsors is paying for my airtime, you better believe I am not going to allow a competitor's name/product to show up on the screen. That only makes sense to me.

Ijust finished editing adeer hunt from last year. Buck Keith killed, a 160 IL buck.There was an extended time that the treestand seatshowed the manufacturer'sname. I blurred it out. They aren't a sponsor, aren'tpaying for airtime, or even giving us stands...so why would I want to advertise for them? Andadd to that, why would I want tomake a potential standsponsor think we are already hooked up? It costs money to produce tv and dvd's...quite a bit of it.While thereare shows that go overboard in shoving sponsors down viewer's throats, surelyviewers can get a grasp of the fact that no production companyis in this game to loose money.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

What is there to disbelieve? If one of my sponsors is paying for my airtime, you better believe I am not going to allow a competitor's name/product to show up on the screen. That only makes sense to me.
Well that wasnt the ponit, he just realized that all hunting shows are about advertising, he thought that this show was a good one.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Well that wasnt the ponit, he just realized that all hunting shows are about advertising, he thought that this show was a good one.
HUH??? It was exactly his point...I need a "shaking my head in disbelief" smiley on this one...the poster asked "is it that big of a deal?"...and the answer is a definite yes, it is that big of a deal.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

HUH??? It was exactly his point...I need a "shaking my head in disbelief" smiley on this one...the poster asked "is it that big of a deal?"...and the answer is a definite yes, it is that big of a deal.
I defiantly see where your coming from Robin. It's a business and it has to be run like one.......otherwise it will fail. In a manufacturing plant you wouldn't give away parts for free and the grocery store doesn't give away milk. I guess it's just hard for me to imagine because it's not a job for me, its a hobby. It's what I do to get away from my job.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Guide probably refused to carry "their" brand for that hunt over his favorite pair....
Old 08-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Robin is spot on on this one!!!!! Jim, by the way that is a good show, and the Clarks are great people, I like what they do with their show. I met them last weekend at the TTHA show in Ft Worth, there is not enough people doing good things with their shows these days....
Old 08-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

Jim, by the way that is a good show, and the Clarks are great people, I like what they do with their show.
Agreed, I have seen it a few times and enjoyed it so far. That was the first time I had seen something blurred out in any hunting show and it caught me off guard

Quick Reply: All I could do was shake my head in disbelief

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.