Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Season Diet

Old 08-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bow Season Diet

Do you guys adjust your diet during bow season to control your scent?

Somebody last year, maybe DropTine, was talking about taking chlorophyll pills. I tried that and I was fartin the leaves off the trees, which kind of defeated the purpose.

This season, I am going to do my very best to not eat red meat or sugar, and I've still 3/4 of a bottle of chlorophyll pills I might play with again. I have heard that red meat can affect your scent and sugar gives your urine a sharp odor.

Anyway, are there any foods that you eat more of or less of during bow season? Any vitamin supplements you take?
Old 08-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bow Season Diet

dehydration gives your urine that yellowcolor and god awful smell. Think that first time in the morning when you have a bad hangover, that is just dehydration. drink plenty of water and the urine stays fairly odorless to a human. Butmany guys do not worry about urine and actually pee out of their tree.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Oh I pee out of the tree allright, I just don't want it stinking up the woods. I am more concerned with my sweat and breath. It is still extremely hot in the South during bowseason and sweating is inevitable. I am just trying to control it.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys killme....

Old 08-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My diet consists of garlic, onions, venison, garlic sausage, tuna, eggs, chicken breast, brown rice, veggies, lean steak, skim milk, miller light, vodka and jim beam.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've had good success the last 42 years bow hunting without starving myself. Don't think I'll change a thing. Just be wise, work the wind, use proper clothing detergents and deodorant, good camo, and don't make a lot of racket.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

My routine is a little over the top, I try to drink a ton of water and only eat rice cakes, but I never have deer detect my scent, here's what I do in addition to a diet.

1. I shave every hair on my body.
2. I take 12 showers per day (I try to do it on the hour)
3. I bathe in scent spray before I hunt.
4. I cover my body in a Carbon/charcoal mud.
5. I construct my camo from the leaves of a Paw-Paw tree.
6. This year I've finally saved up for the new Scent-lok skin infusion surgery (its experimental)

Old 08-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of asparagus and prunes.

LOL, actually I don't change a thing.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

My routine is a little over the top, I try to drink a ton of water and only eat rice cakes, but I never have deer detect my scent, here's what I do in addition to a diet.

1. I shave every hair on my body.
2. I take 12 showers per day (I try to do it on the hour)
3. I bathe in scent spray before I hunt.
4. I cover my body in a Carbon/charcoal mud.
5. I construct my camo from the leaves of a Paw-Paw tree.
6. This year I've finally saved up for the new Scent-lok skin infusion surgery (its experimental)

Haha.... even if you did do all that it wouldnt matter, cause your still gonna get the bad juju from entering the contest!!!![:-]

Quick Reply: Bow Season Diet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.