Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Season Diet

Old 08-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow Season Diet

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Haha.... even if you did do all that it wouldnt matter, cause your still gonna get the bad juju from entering the contest!!!![:-]
Ooooo... had to take it there huh?[:-] Do we need to compare the eastern shore deer to western MD deer????[8D]

Old 08-19-2008, 08:23 PM

This season, I am going to do my very best to not eat red meat or sugar, and I've still 3/4 of a bottle of chlorophyll pills I might play with again. I have heard that red meat can affect your scent and sugar gives your urine a sharp odor.
You can't avoid sugar your body needs it for energy. If you have a lot of sugar in your urine you better go see your doctor. I think whoever told you that was getting diabetes confused. Diabetics willbreak down fats for energy because they are not able to utilize glucose . This will form ketones which end up being found in the urine and giveit and yourbreath a fruity smell. I'm guessing that's what got confused.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

You've got to be kidding me boys!........my good friend who is twice as successful as I have been, has at least15 BIG bucks on his wall whichis complimenttoover a few decades of hard whitetail hunting.........put out his cigarette on the tree and drew his bow/gun on half of them!!! Let's don't get too crazy fellas!! I will be eating a steady diet of whateverthehellawant with fries on the side!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Haha.... even if you did do all that it wouldnt matter, cause your still gonna get the bad juju from entering the contest!!!![:-]
Ooooo... had to take it there huh?[:-] Do we need to compare the eastern shore deer to western MD deer????[8D]

Haha... here let me do it for ya!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you guess which came from where???? Haha

Old 08-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I avoid strong smelling foods like garlic, onions, and spicy stuff during hunting season. I also try to drink alot of water and stay well hydrated. I avoid foods that give me smelly gas like steak and eggs.

I also cut my hair very short for bow season - not quite shaved but almost. I believe it helps with scent control.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

all i do it drink all apple juice. and when it comes time to hunt i pee all over my tree and brings in the deer like crazy my pee smells like apples deer just some a runnin' lol
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Typical Buck

you guys crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nothing special for me just no chilli or any beans,