Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help PLease

Old 08-19-2008, 12:05 PM

Default RE: Help PLease

Grab yourself a good crossbow and scope... If you can't get it dialed in perfectly, ask someone for help, hell go to a archery range someone working there is bound to be able to get it dialed in for ya.

If after that you still strive for accuracy, Id recommend sticking with your muzzle loader. As in my opinion a ordinary compound bow is definately harded than shooting a CB.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:10 PM

Man o man, its not really ever a bow, (but possible), its the indian behind it.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Wow you guys are a tough crowd.Im about talked out of bowhunting altogether!LOL...But atleast you guys are being honest.Im not looking for arrow spliting accuracy,im just looking for consitancy.That i can count on that arrow going where i am aiming,as long as i can get it to pattern half way descent im fine.With the crossbow there was no consitancy,you never knew where it was going to go.You was lucky to get a 6 inch group at 20 yds and that was off of a bench.I know you guys can say that it was probly me,but i am not that ignorant when it comes to bows.I've read enough and took advice from others to atleast know how to sight it in.My brother and dad couldn't even get it to group descent.The way you guys are talking is that i have asked for someone to talk me out of buying a bow and start bowhunting.Thanks!!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Typical Buck

So much for getting some help here!!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Fork Horn

they are just tryin to say that a compound will probly be more difficult so you dont go and blow your money again they are trying to help you out.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:27 AM

No one is trying to talk you out of bow hunting. As for your question. They are right about going to a good bow shop. Try to go when they will have time to really talk with you. There is a proper way to measure you for the proper draw length. Maybe if you let us know where you live, we could suggest a good shop for you in your area. If you have been deer hunting for a while and can put in the time practicing before opening day or October, like you said. You can be set up and ready for this season. I have been hunting for 3 years now and still not ready to take shots past 25 yards. I am spot on at that distance but not ready to shoot further out. Have you decided where and how you are going to hunt this year? Ground blind or stand? Shot distance at you hunting sight could make a difference on if you will be proficiant before your season opens.

Just a few rambling thoughts.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not trying to talk you out of anything, just preparing you for the realistic challenge you face. I’ve never heard of anyone having a crossbow accuracy problem like you did. Maybe you had a true dud and should have taken it back to the shop/manufacturer?
From our perspective, if you had accuracy issues with a crossbow you’d likely have them just as bad if not more with a compound. Unless your crossbow was defective?