Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Recieved my Recall notice!! >

Recieved my Recall notice!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Recieved my Recall notice!!

Old 08-19-2008, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Recieved my Recall notice!!

I recieved my recall notice for my General in the mail yesterday! The limbs are on oreder and it was checked out and determined to be fine! However when the limbs come in they will be replaced!
Old 08-19-2008, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Recieved my Recall notice!!

What a bummer aye', I hope you get it fixed and back in order before the season starts! Good luck!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

I had to do the same the other day they said my limbs would be here in a week....so I should be ok before the season. Good luck!!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I am waiting for mine to come in yet! The proshop guy said that it wouldn't change anything for my sight adjustments so I hope he's right!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, kudos to Bowtech for acknowledging the issue and taking care of business. Good luck getting it all straightened out.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

They can Identify it if you have one with a problem! Mine is not one of them! So I am not real worried! My limbs are on the way but not sure if I am gonna mess with it before the season! Less than 1% of 1000's of bows sold! Yes cudo's to Bowtech thats not that many bows to be doing something about it and they are! They earned my respect!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: twildasin

They can Identify it if you have one with a problem! Mine is not one of them! So I am not real worried! My limbs are on the way but not sure if I am gonna mess with it before the season! Less than 1% of 1000's of bows sold! Yes cudo's to Bowtech thats not that many bows to be doing something about it and they are! They earned my respect!
Just curious, but if it's the same process and materials to build each generalwhy would it only be1 out of 1000? I'm just curious not trying to start anything.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: twildasin

I think you may be a bit mistaken. If 2 out of every 300 Ford Trucks that were made had a catastrophic axle failure, would that be "not too many????" Or if 2 out of every 300 computers a company sold had a fatal motherboard error, would that be "not too many." From a QA (Quality Assurance) standpoint, it's pretty piss-poor, and that is why they're recalling them. It's "not too many" as long as you're not the guy with the stitches in his hand or the black eye, then it's WAY too many.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: robbcayman
Just curious, but if it's the same process and materials to build each generalwhy would it only be1 out of 1000? I'm just curious not trying to start anything.
Ryan, there was a batch of limbs that were incorrectly machined. Not all Generals are involved.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

OK question for all you bowtech guys I made the swap and got rid of the drenalin and bought a 101st airborne and was wondering if they were having the same limb issues and if there is a fix for them? I really like the bow but am a little worried now.

Quick Reply: Recieved my Recall notice!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.