Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody "done"?  Anyone going back in? >

Anybody "done"? Anyone going back in?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody "done"? Anyone going back in?

Old 08-18-2008, 08:09 AM

Default RE: Anybody "done"? Anyone going back in?

I have to move a ladder stand bout 100 yards and then clear lanes for the stand I hung yesturday, I will be on the fourwheeler right up to the season starts tho.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Stand locations have been found... now I just have to get them up. then Ill b glassing fieds until the opener.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:22 AM

One more late season stand to set up. I put steps in a while back so I still have to hang the stand and trim a bit. I think I'll be alright for a late season set up.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still need to move a few cameras, freshen the posted signs, and move one stand. I will likely do that the weekend of September 6th which is 4 weeks before the opener in PA for me.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I think I did more good than harm, yesterday. I think I can get in there quietly, now.....and I already have the tree I want to get into opening morning........no matter which wind I'm faced with (I have 6-7 choices of morning stands, now).

If it weren't for new land acquired.....I'd have never gone in, period (except to pull my cam).
Why do you think that? Your next sentence made a good reason that wont mess you up, but rather help.

I made a mess of my entrance to my best morning stand. I know this area well, but still managed to find more than one way in. I got some of the glow tacks and made my trail, but when I returned to my truck I found a shorter way...so I had to go back and pull pins and replace them.

Went back Saturday night to give it a "test' run and still found a different route! I was frustrated to say the least. I think you did yourself a favor to make sure you know exactly how to get there in the dark. I went as far as removing downed branches, cutting briars out of the way, and making sure that I would make as little "crackles" as possible while going in pitch dark.

Thats awesome that your season starts so soon. How long does it last down there and is it anything goes as far as sex of deer? If I could start next month I would be foaming at the mouth, but worrying about filling all my tags before December.

How many antlerless tags do they give in NC, bucks, turkey, bear, etc.?

Sounds like you are set. How many stands do you have up that gives you that many choices for wind?
Old 08-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Why do you think that?
I'm thinking you read it wrong.

Thats awesome that your season starts so soon. How long does it last down there and is it anything goes as far as sex of deer?
Any sex from the opener. 2 buck limit.....unlimited does.

How many stands do you have up that gives you that many choices for wind?
None. I climb, exclusively.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well opening day here in Pa. is Oct. 4th and funny you ask this! I am getting ready to go out right now and move stands, hang posted signs,move cams, and hang some new stands! Then I am done! As for Maryland It opens on Sept. 15th and I will be hunting and scouting at the same time it will all be new to me this year! So it will be a journey for sure!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:05 AM

I'm done for the most part.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to go back in (Wed.) to replace a broken ratchet strap on my stand.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 new stands to set up, but they are in travel corridors and so it shouldn't disturb anything too badly to get them in. I have 2 cleared but I still need to hang the stands. I am getting those in this week b/c it is very near some bedding.

Quick Reply: Anybody "done"? Anyone going back in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.