Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who hunts Naked? >

Who hunts Naked?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who hunts Naked?

Old 08-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who hunts Naked?

I almost never know specifics of bucks hanging on the property I hunt, but moreso of a general size I can expect for hte overall area. However this season I do know of one that will go mid 140's. That helps
Old 08-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

While it's nice to scout all spring and have trail cameras out all summer, there is something to be said for the element of suprise.

I believe the first time in a stand is your best chance for killing a nice buck. Every time you hunt that stand after that, your chances decrease. That's why I like to hunt "naked" as you call it. Find the sign, and set up over it and hunt it RIGHT NOW.

That's why I like the Lone Wolf sticks / tree saddle combo on public land.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

gzg---I have a tree saddle I purchased a couple of years ago...I have never even tried it out yet. I need some pointers. I am going to buy the lone wolf climbing sticks in two weeks. What else do I need to climb and hang comfortably? Do I need 2-3 strap on steps to get that 360 angle movement around the tree?

Basically I need the supplies you take in to hang comfortably all day....I really appreciate any advice as I have some long trips into the woods this year and really do not want to take in my portable. I also want to be able to set up quickly and have alot of versatility. Thanks for any pointers.

Brett

Old 08-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt two of my areas without having any idea of what might be runnin around there. My third and only other place is my woods at my home so I see a lot of the deer at one point or another feeding in the pasture.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

i go out coverd in mud and wearing moccasins and using noothing but a sharpened branch to take my prey. it is the ultimate hunting challenge.