Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Beards

Old 08-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default Beards

Like many other bow hunters, my brother & I grow a beard for the season. One reason is that , yes it actually does keep my face warmer when I'm out in the Great Michigan Outdoors and yes I do want people to know that I bow hunt. I think the beard and season do go hand-in-hand.

The other reason is that my brother & I have a competition every year: Whoever has the biggest deer after five days, gets to shave the other one's beard however they want-THEN, we go into town for dinner.

It's a tradition that I hope his two sons will follow one day and hopefully, I will be able to shave all three of them. Here are pics of my brother & me, I hope you enjoy and start a tradition yourself!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Beards

Scary.[8D]

I've had a GT for years, I keep it trimmed. I have however grown a full beard in season.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow some mutton chops there!

I could start today and still not have a beard by the 2010 season! Lookin at those pics,I think it's a blessing .
Old 08-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

When I grow a beard or should I say attempt to, It looks like a goat beard ( kind of straggely) besides a beard makes your face look rond and chubby. lol
Old 08-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do it myself usually for bear hunting and deer hunting. It also hides the shine on your face as well. I haven't shaved for 2 weeks, the g/f is already complaining about.[:@]
Old 08-17-2008, 10:02 PM

I tried it once but I looked like I had the mange on my face and was afraid someone would put me down.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Typical Buck

How's this? This was my last season beard.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:00 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I grow a beard as I have always hated face paint or masks. Mine grows fast and the wife hates it as I won't shave it off until spring. I keep it trimmed but it is nice for our cold winters.

I am going to try a mask for when it is warm right away at the start of bow season just to keep her happy but once the snow flies all bets are off.

Tim
Old 08-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Fork Horn

My wife's birthday is September 26 & our anniversary is November 10. Istart my beard on August 1 every year. She HATES it, but she deals with with.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Fork Horn

Ever since I was able, I would grow a full beard for each season (archery, firearm, muzzleloader) and not shave till I killed a deer. But last summer I became a police officer, sooooooo that killed that tradition. I could grow a hell of a beard, and my wife never cared. She is still amazed at the rapid growth rate of my facial hair. It's funny you started this thread as I came across a pic on my computer earlier today of one of my rifle bucks, and I was admiring the beard I was sporting. I love my new job, but I'll miss my beards. I keep telling my wife that when I retire...it's Grizzly Adams time!

Quick Reply: Beards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.