HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   3D leafy suit?? Is it neccesary?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/258164-3d-leafy-suit-neccesary.html)

Buckmaster519 08-16-2008 11:21 PM

3D leafy suit?? Is it neccesary??

I see alot of people have those 3D leafy suit things and im wondering is it really necessary. i mean i hav some cabelas seclusion 3D camo and i have had deer not even see me while im walking toward them. I mean i know its 3D and all but is it any more effective than other camo. and some of yall were mentioning something about ASAT or something like that and it was like yall were speaking a foriegn language. IU know that my camo works and i guess thats it but i was just curious.

Thanks
Colten

turkeyhunter85 08-17-2008 12:30 AM

RE: 3D leafy suit?? Is it neccesary??

It is not really neccesary it have a 3D Leafy Suit. The basics on camo as most people know is to break up the human outline. Most wild game species are more in line to pick up motion not colors, And the majority of wild game are color blind(Including deer, elk, and turkey, yes turkey are colorblind too which most people don't know). But, having your top layer and your bottom layer of camo different types of camo pattern based on the time of the year and your surroundings is the best way to go in my opinion.

TFOX 08-17-2008 12:37 AM

Asat is an open pattern camo that breaks up your outline.Very important in the deer woods and the open pattern really works when up in a tree.

BUT,leafy suits are not a must when hunting.

[align=center][/align]

StrutNtom 08-17-2008 12:37 AM

No, but I love them. They do a hell of a job breaking up your outline.

englum_06 08-17-2008 12:41 AM

Haven't bought any of it yet (really want to just can't afford it yet), but the Predator Camo seems to do an amazing job of breaking up the outline.

im ocd 08-17-2008 06:13 AM

If I'm sitting in a tree stand I'm wearing a leafy suit.
However, I hunt from a blind the majority of the time now, so it's not necessary;)

Phil from Maine 08-17-2008 06:41 AM

I hunt from the ground and movement is everything so I preffer not to use it as I do not want something that is fake blowing in the wind to help give me away..

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-17-2008 06:48 AM

Necessary? Like the others have said, no not necessary however they do break up the hard defined lines of the body just a tad more than non leafy camo. IMO, take any camo pattern, I feel it's just a tad more effective in 3D Leafy. I would LOVE to see Predator come out with a 3D Leafy suit, I know Engima is working on theirs.

Hoytail Hunter 08-17-2008 07:41 AM

Way I look at it, I'd rather look like a clump of leaves than a clump of human. Can't wait to try out my ASAT. As stated though, helpful but not absolutely neccessary. At the same time, why wouldn't you want every edge you can get?

demoIL 08-17-2008 06:25 PM

Well I guess you don't have to use it but I have a couple suites and love it. I have one mesh style that I use when it's really warm and one a bit warmer that I just bought this year. I'll use it this November.. I love leafy, I think it breaks up your outline even better than regular camo. Plus it looks cool.. lol