Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 On A Brighter Note... >

On A Brighter Note...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

On A Brighter Note...

Old 08-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: On A Brighter Note...

thats crazy that kinda land round here would good for 3 times that....
Old 08-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Spike

the price makes me want to move to Iowa. lol
Old 08-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: jackflap

seeing as it is not in cultivation and has no improvements other than being on pavement, I would think 2k per acre or $40,000 total.

I posted before I saw your answer. From what I know of general midwest land values, (I don't know much but being in the agricultural field, I know general land values throughout various parts of the country) I'd say he has priced about right. Not a steal, but a priced at a level where he shouldn't have too much trouble finding a buyer.

In our country, you would do well to get 1/2 of that.
[/blockquote]

Down here, most places that are less than 30 acres are $3 - $4,000 per acre. When the land is more than that, one is looking at $1000 to $2000 per acre. The closer you get to Albia, the higher the price. We looked at one place last year that had 45 acres with 1/3 of that timber, and the rest clay, lots and lots of clay. It was 5 miles from where the Albia buck was taken and they wanted $7500 per acre. The realtor had it listed for $2500 per acre and didn't say anything to us until we drove down there. Said it was a typo. But on the brighter side, it was a beautiful day for a drive.
I don't doubt you for a minute, as that is your area and not mine. At least I qualified it with saying I didn't know much.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

seeing as it is not in cultivation and has no improvements other than being on pavement, I would think 2k per acre or $40,000 total.

I posted before I saw your answer. From what I know of general midwest land values, (I don't know much but being in the agricultural field, I know general land values throughout various parts of the country) I'd say he has priced about right. Not a steal, but a priced at a level where he shouldn't have too much trouble finding a buyer.

In our country, you would do well to get 1/2 of that.
[/blockquote]

Down here, most places that are less than 30 acres are $3 - $4,000 per acre. When the land is more than that, one is looking at $1000 to $2000 per acre. The closer you get to Albia, the higher the price. We looked at one place last year that had 45 acres with 1/3 of that timber, and the rest clay, lots and lots of clay. It was 5 miles from where the Albia buck was taken and they wanted $7500 per acre. The realtor had it listed for $2500 per acre and didn't say anything to us until we drove down there. Said it was a typo. But on the brighter side, it was a beautiful day for a drive.
I don't doubt you for a minute, as that is your area and not mine. At least I qualified it with saying I didn't know much.

Brother, you did a fine job of SWAGging it! But at least here we have something we call dirt. You know, kind of like sand but plants actually grow in it!
Old 08-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

those guesses sound really high to me for 20 acres. Even at $1500 an acre that would only be $30,000.

You guys must all be loaded!

rick
Old 08-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Fork Horn

Mark, I tried every year to buy that from him when I owned the place on the East side. Back then, he still wanted to retire there. He let me hunt it and I usually picked up a few sheds there. A lot of movement through there during the rut. Some good thick bedding area right behind the barn. Had a booner 10 pt. get smacked on the highway there when I live out there.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Typical Buck

even for that kind of good hunting land, for only 20 acres i wouldn't pay more than 45,000, and i would hesitate to pay that. about 40,000 sounds more like it.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i know round here thats just bout right.(northwest mo) most of the land round here that is undelveloped is goin around 1750 - 2250. my 20 acres was valued at 45K. not a bad deal. i was gonna say 40K.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

I know of a place here back off the road a tad ina rural area, only 5 acres and 2 of that is right away for the driveway ownedby the state. All wooded except a little clearing with an cabin on it. Asking price $150,000. If I were single I'd be in the midwest for sure. Trying to get the wife to move there, well don't even ask it she said.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

To see the disparity of land values across the country is interesting to me.It is all driven by supply and demand.The piece you describe would easily be valued at $250,000 to $350,000 in my home area.New York state,2 hours and 20 minutes north of New York city.
I want to hear more about the land in Kentucky!

Quick Reply: On A Brighter Note...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.