Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Found camera today... >

Found camera today...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Found camera today...

Old 08-16-2008, 01:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default Found camera today...

Went out today to check my stands for the last time and to put a camera out in a new location. I found this spot last year towards the end of the season and knew that it had to be a staging area of some sort. It's a small square weed patch about 30yrdsX30yds and it's on the edge of a bean field tucked back in the woods. It's got three trees in it very close together, not sure what they are, but they're short and hang down somewhat like a willow. Underneath them is all kinds of open room for deer to bed under while still being extremely hidden. Went there today and found sign of a monster that Ive been trying to peg since last year: I'm positive that I finally found his bedding area, and I know this thing is a monster- I've seen enough of his sign over the last year to know that he has to be a bruiser. Well I went to the tree that I had intentions of putting my camera on, and I walk up to it and see that it already has a camera on it. Not sure whose it is, but I have a suspicion that it's the neighbor (He's an outfitter).

What would you guys have done?

After a few posts I'll let ya know what I did...it seemed like a good idea at the time...
Old 08-16-2008, 01:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Found camera today...

whos property is it? what did ya do? your keeping us in the closet here.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:01 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: RuLzU

whos property is it? what did ya do? your keeping us in the closet here.
haha,the camera and the tree areon the property I have permission to hunt on, but only by about 10 yards. Me and my dad have hunted this property for 9 years this year. The outfitter bought the other half last year and isn't supposed to be on "our" side.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Leave a friendly note on the three explaining the situation or where he can get his camera back. I like the 2nd thought. That way he has no pics
Old 08-16-2008, 04:59 AM
Typical Buck

i would probly leave a not but if it happens again it would disappear

rick
Old 08-16-2008, 05:44 AM
Typical Buck

If you are sure he does not have permission to be there, I would take it up. Before doing this though, I would make certain of my property lines before doing this though. Just me though.
Chris
Old 08-16-2008, 06:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

10 yards isn't the end of the world. Are the property lines clearly marked? I agree with trailinone as well, make sure about the true property lines.

I'd talk to the owner of the camera before removing it. Perhaps if you talk to the "outfitter" and he says it's not his, you own a new camera but be forewarned, the camera owner may come looking for more than just his camera.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Just talked to the landowner-- he's been out in the fields all day. He said that he didn't know the camera was back there, and that he found a camera on Wednesday and took it down. If it's the Outfitter next door, then he only has permission on an "Ask first and tell me when you're gonna be here and what you're gonna do" basis. For example, there's a food plot back there that the Outfitter has to come through our side to get to, that's not an issue. The problem is this guy brings his clients onto "our" side to hunt, whichpisses my landowner off. Sowe went throughlast year and took down thereflectors and pink tape that this guy had put up. Come to find out they lead to my stand!!

So anyways, I guess I took the ethical approach to it-- maybe kinda boneheaded. I carved my name and my landowners names into it along with my phone number, and I went ahead and put it on the same tree. Its really the only tree suitable in that area and I in no way bothered his. Im hoping he'll see that I have permission (landowner's name on my camera) and in no way bothered his stuff, so Im hoping he'll see that and won't bother mine. But just in case I'm gonna get out there Monday morning and check it, see if there's any pictures on it and probably take it down.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

You'll be lucky if its still there... Unless the outfitter is a fairly decent guy...
Old 08-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

You'll be lucky if its still there... Unless the outfitter is a fairly decent guy...
My thoughts exactly... but me and our landowner both know that if it's gone, only 1 person could have done it. I think that would be the end of the Outfitter having any sort of permission AT ALL.

And besides, there's a free one sitting on my landowners kitchen table that he took down Wednesday, lol

Quick Reply: Found camera today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.