Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Found camera today... >

Found camera today...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Found camera today...

Old 08-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Found camera today...

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

10 yards isn't the end of the world. Are the property lines clearly marked? I agree with trailinone as well, make sure about the true property lines.

I'd talk to the owner of the camera before removing it. Perhaps if you talk to the "outfitter" and he says it's not his, you own a new camera but be forewarned, the camera owner may come looking for more than just his camera.

Right Rob, 10 yards really isn't the issue. It's the fact that it's the BEST spot on that property and we both know it(I had a stand close to there before they sold the property and it ended up being on the Outfitter's side once all was said and done). The lines are clearly marked yes-- with bright orange posts going all the way through the woods. Two of these posts are directly behind the camera, it's obviously across the line.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Spike

that isn't right. it's trespassing. but let me ask this. does the outfitter own the land next to the land you're hunting on, or does the landowner own it?
Old 08-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

He's an outfitter and owns land next to the property you can hunt? Me thinks my approach would have been a heck'uva lot nicer.

But thats just me. I'd be looking at opening doors not slamming them in someones face.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:58 PM

For lack of my adult thinking skills I would probaly moon the camera, take his SD card and load it up with a whole bunch of monster bucks photoshoped in to that backdrop.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

Had a similar situation last year close to the property line, walked in front of the camera with apaper that read what number to call to get their camera back if it was there the next time I came through. Needless to say it was not there whenI was there the next time. Had it been in the middle of my property...I would need to be in that postion before I could say.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Spike

I agree with the friendly note suggestion. Sometimes the lines in the woods aren't clear, or at least the perception of where the lines are. I've been in similar situations hunting in close proximity to other hunters. The last thing you want is bad blood. Hunting that close to the line, you might have the need to get over on his side someday to track a deer.

Either way, some hunters are can be kind of tough to deal with, and don't like to be told where they can and can't be (right or wrong). If I were you, I'd play it safe, and make sure you have a lock on your game cam, your stand, or any other piece of gear you might leave in the woods since you know other people are running across your stuff. It's no guarantee that your gear will be protected, but it helps. I've had locks cut before and stands stolen, but it at least makes it a little tougher for your stuff to 'walk off'.

Good luck with it.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO leaving your camera there was a bad idea
Old 08-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Spike

i would have turned his camera to the east. get pictures of the sunrise.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Spike

Question is?......will this spot still be worth a hoot after ya'll get through bickering & dickering and stinkin the place up?
Old 08-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Found camera today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.