Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rob Jr is looking good >

Rob Jr is looking good

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rob Jr is looking good

Old 08-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rob Jr is looking good

Still undecided on taking him right nowmainly because Im really curious to see what his rack will be like next year. His injury to his leg being on the same side as the deformed rack is opposite of what Ive always been told. Will he heal up and grow a semi normal rack on both sides next season or is he always going to have a non typical rack due to his leg injury?? If I have good video footage from my stand I just may take him, he will make a cool mount for sure.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rob Jr is looking good

Diesel, not to hijack your thread but I ordered a bunch of your stuff the other day and am excited to use it this season! Good looking buck, but could you imagine what kind of buck that would be if his left side straightened out! Monster.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think he's an awesome Trophy Rob buck now. I asked that same question Andy and this is the response I got, if a deer is injured on his front leg, it will show in his antlers on the same side, if it's rear, it's the opposite side. Not sure how much truth there is too that because how often do we see injured antler growths. ?

Take him or not, it's your decision but I'd love to see him scored this year. He's cool.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

He would make a wild mount for sure Andy, from what I have seen most of the time, is a front leg injury same side of the rack, rear leg opposite side of the rack. Good Luck if you deside to take him.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Diesel, not to hijack your thread but I ordered a bunch of your stuff the other day and am excited to use it this season! Good looking buck, but could you imagine what kind of buck that would be if his left side straightened out! Monster.
Yeah bud, your stuff was shipped out. I really appreciate your business. I feel bad, dmen ordered some stuff last Thursday and still doesnt have it. Anyone thats ordered from us knows it normallly gets there within a week most of the time. I'll overnite him a whole suit if he doesnt have it by Monday thats a promise.

Yeah thats one reason why Im hesitant on shooting him just because if he had a somewhat typical rack he would be really nice, and it wouldbe interesting to see about injuries and rack growth. I dunno, I'll have to see what happens come opening day, this guy is coming in a funnel to a field every day like clock work.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Dominant Buck

I heard it through the grapevine that this deer was molesting little children.

I'd kill him.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Late again.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Late again.
hehe Rob beat you again!! The guy is quick thats for sure
Old 08-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Sorry guys....innocent joke taken literally.

Good luck with him Andy.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:47 AM
Bartender

If you so chose letting him grow would be pretty good for next year.
Once that velvet comes off I think this decision will be easy for you.

Quick Reply: Rob Jr is looking good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.