HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   New hunting land?(or so I thought) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/258001-new-hunting-land-so-i-thought.html)

Rhino259 08-15-2008 10:04 PM

New hunting land?(or so I thought)

Well I'm not sure what happened. But I didn't get the lease. The owners called me last week and wanted to meet up to sign the paperwork and get the check. Or so I thought. I met up with the owners and it was only then that they decided to inform me that they had changed their minds and no longer wanted to lease the land. I have to respect their decision but I am very disapointed in it. I cannot understand why they would turn me down. When they do not use the land. So the only people that hunt on it are trespassers. And I know there are a ton of them. My friend and his dad hunt on this land every year. And I know after talking to the landowner that they do not have permission. So to say the least I am disapointed because I know that someone will kill(poach) atleast one of the huge deer that call this land home. And it won't be me.

AF Hunter 08-15-2008 10:06 PM

RE: Questions about hunting land?(long)

There was another post on here today about leases. I'd suggest finding it and reading that.

stabnslab_WI 08-15-2008 10:09 PM

Offer to pay the Land tax what ever that might be. If that doesn't work then slap them in the face with $1000 dollars and ask if it feels good!

dstubb 08-15-2008 10:57 PM

I wouldn't even offer money at first. They may really like the thought of having a caretaker on call while they are away. Just be sure to dress nice and to come across as a very well spoken, genuine person. Good luck!

mohunter82 08-15-2008 11:05 PM

dstubb hit it right on the head. dress nice and act as proffessional as possible.

Fieldmouse 08-15-2008 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: dstubb

I wouldn't even offer money at first. They may really like the thought of having a caretaker on call while they are away. Just be sure to dress nice and to come across as a very well spoken, genuine person. Good luck!
Bingo

Rhino259 08-19-2008 12:43 PM

I was able to talk to the wife of one of the men that inherited the land from his parents. When I first asked about hunting it she blatently refused saying no one had ever hd permission to hunt there and thats ho it was going to stay. We continued to talk and the idea of leasing it came up. Her atitude quickly changed. She said that was something they would consider but she had to talk to the rest of the family becuase the land belongs to a family trust so they are all part owners. I told her how much I could offer her per acre and she said she would talk to her family then get back to me later this week. My offer was $5.00 per acre plus I would clean up alot of the trash and put up new no trespassing signs in place of the old ones. I'm hoping the family accepts my offer so I can get to work cleaning the place up before hunting season. I think they will accepts my offer because they already know that tons of people trespass on it every year and they would like someone nearby to enforce their no trespassing signs.

mohunter82 08-19-2008 12:57 PM

good luck. sounds like you stuck it out even after they said no. thats shows that your persistant.

Rhino259 09-10-2008 07:42 PM

Bummed I didn't get the lease.

jimmy28303 09-10-2008 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

Offer to pay the Land tax what ever that might be. If that doesn't work then slap them in the face with $1000 dollars and ask if it feels good!
I LOVE THAT!!!! Let me know how that works out for you. LOL