HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   sighting in problem (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/257971-sighting-problem.html)

Scott/IL 08-15-2008 07:41 PM

sighting in problem

I have finally found the time to get my new Extreme sights zoned in with my new arrows. Everything went great at 20, 30, and 40 yards, and then at 50 I ran into a problem.

To start out I moved the entire sight as low as it would go, however my bottom pin is moved all the way down and at 50 yards I'm still shooting 6 inches low. My groups are good, but I can't get the sight to move any lower. Anyone who is wiser than I have a solution to this problem?

Pro-Line 08-15-2008 07:49 PM

RE: sighting in problem

I had a similar problem this year, but the other direction. My problem was that my nocking point was low...and forced my arrows high.

A slight adjustment made a huge difference.

I checked it with a square when I set the bow up...but either I screwed up or the loop slid a little.

Bowtech 360 08-15-2008 07:49 PM

Dont shoot at deer that far away:D

Scott/IL 08-15-2008 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Dont shoot at deer that far away:D
It's not so much shooting a deer that far, but to me it seems that shooting a few rounds at 50 then moving in to 20 or 30 yards makes me a better shooter.

GMMAT 08-15-2008 10:28 PM

Will your top pin go any higher?

Washington Hunter 08-15-2008 10:55 PM

You can always adjust your peep (up or down), as well. This should give you quite a bit more adjustment. It will take some adjustment from yourself as well, but it works.

Scott/IL 08-16-2008 09:40 AM

My top pin has plenty of room to go up

GMMAT 08-16-2008 09:48 AM

Well move your top pin up (and all the others, too)......and re-sight your bow in. That'll give you room to lower your bottom pin if you need to. You're going to have to moe your entire sight housing back up, too.....so it's like starting over. But you might be able to get the adjustments you're seeking, this way.

It works in my head, anyway.;)

JESUS loves archers 08-16-2008 11:33 AM

If your sight window is all the way down and your pin is all the way down as well the only thing you can do further is move your peep.
I have a 5 pin sight on a slider which I can move all the way down till my arrow would hit it,that should be your next purchase(just the adjustable mount)

Scott/IL 08-16-2008 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

You can always adjust your peep (up or down), as well. This should give you quite a bit more adjustment. It will take some adjustment from yourself as well, but it works.
This is what it took...Thanks alot Washington....well it worked until my string loop busted and sent my arrow flying waaaaay over the target

GMMAT 08-16-2008 03:18 PM

Maybe I'm not understanding correctly.....but I'd hate to think I had to chenge my anchor point to appease a sight issue.

Scott/IL 08-16-2008 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Maybe I'm not understanding correctly.....but I'd hate to think I had to chenge my anchor point to appease a sight issue.
GMMAT

I was worried about this when I was first trying it out, but my anchor point is when I feel the cock vane hit the corner of my mouth..so for me it was not difficult to twist the nock a bit and get it lined out and after shooting about 30 arrows it was starting to feel right again.

GMMAT 08-16-2008 03:27 PM

Glad it's working for you. I was speaking for ME.

Congrats on solving your issue.;)