HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Do you believe archery is a natural talent (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/257947-do-you-believe-archery-natural-talent.html)

Oneshot7 08-15-2008 03:36 PM

Do you believe archery is a natural talent

That some people have the ability to preform and consistently shootand some just don't?

GMMAT 08-15-2008 03:40 PM

RE: Do you believe archery is a natural talent

Archery? It's semi-athletic. I think there are those who will succeed in anything athletic over those less "gifted" (athletically gifted). Yes. True in most anything athletic.

It's also very mental. So....again, Yes. I think there are those who will "naturally" be better at it.

Pope94/IA 08-15-2008 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Archery? It's semi-athletic. I think there are those who will succeed in anything athletic over those less "gifted" (athletically gifted). Yes. True in most anything athletic.

It's also very mental. So....again, Yes. I think there are those who will "naturally" be better at it.
I agree totally with you.

I just began 4 years ago. I told my dad I wanted a bow because I saw it in a magazine, and next thing you know im shooting 2 inch groups at 25 yards consistently.
I am very athletic, so that might have an advantage.
But you also have to be very focusable. (not sure if its a word or not) but you need to be able to focus to get the right shot, along with a steady hand which goes with the athletic part.

Bowtech 360 08-15-2008 03:48 PM

I believe in a sport like archery an average joe can be good at it with enough dedication.

Choice 4.

Oneshot7 08-15-2008 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

I believe in a sport like archery an average joe can be good at it with enough dedication.

Choice 4.
That would be two or three..........not 4 :eek:

robbcayman 08-15-2008 03:58 PM

NO!!!!!!!

There are some that are better than others, but it's not a gift. And for those that are better it is probably due to practice.

Bowtech 360 08-15-2008 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Choice 4.
That would be two or three..........not 4 :eek:

Well I believe that any sport is possible to be the best at with enough dedication, not just archery.

NY/Al 08-15-2008 04:24 PM

There has to be some sort of talent involved with it. You can practice as much as you want but if you dont got the cool hand you'll never be a world champ.

Also, i shoot traditional as well, and ive seen guys that pick up my bow and can throw em in there no problamo, and others that couldnt hit a barn from 10 yards. So there has to be something to that.

early in 08-15-2008 04:28 PM

I really don't know how much of a natural talent it is, but I believe it's another sport that involves hand/eye coordination.

bigtim6656 08-15-2008 04:28 PM

i think most things are like that not sure achary is when i was 13 i got a bow and with in a month i was robin hooding my arrows.
Then when i was 19 and got another bow and had not shot since i was 14 i had robin hood another arrow and had my arrows refleatched twice in a month.
I am a big guy and suck at most sports guest i am just that good at shooting.

ORIGINAL: GMMAT