Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why is killing a buck so important? >

Why is killing a buck so important?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why is killing a buck so important?

Old 08-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Why is killing a buck so important?

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Wow, you shot spike bucks for 14 years in a row, maybe you should stand up and take a bow. You could rub it in my face for 300 days, and I would give a **** less. I am not going to go out to the fields and shoot the little bucks and not allow them to grow up in to the ones I want.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

I'm at a stage as a hunter where shooting an immature, small racked buck does absolutely nothing for me...been there done that...so if I don't get a crack at a buck that suits me I will happily take a doe to fill the freezer.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

whoaaaaa rimjob....

you do know that you are speaking to the UNDISPUTED KING OF ARCHERY....dont you??

Old 08-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran,real men let small bucks walk.Sounds like a self esteem issue! It should be enough to know what you could have killed versus actually putting the dumb as a rock 1.5 year old buck on the ground.
You are such agood guyin every other way.But the I have to kill a buck mentality that is so 1970's.Of course you weren't born then.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ryan ,it is scarry how closely you and I think!
Old 08-15-2008, 05:05 PM

Competition competition competition. The world thrives on competition and thats what deer hunting is. Its all about shooting that bigger buck.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: cooter144

I'm at a stage as a hunter where shooting an immature, small racked buck does absolutely nothing for me...been there done that...so if I don't get a crack at a buck that suits me I will happily take a doe to fill the freezer.
That's exactly where I am at this point.I hunt public land that is bowhuinting only,and there really is a future in letting the legal/scrub bucks walk for another year or more. The risk of them being killed by another hunterisn'ttoo much of an issue.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:07 PM

Where I live in southern maine we have ALOT of does so during archery we can harvest unlimited amounts of does. I usually put a mature doe in the freezer then shop around and get choosy. You may go a whole season here and not see anything bigger than a 6pt.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome 3903, great place to learn, and share as well.A lot of pressure up there?
Old 08-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rimjob_rob

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Wow, you shot spike bucks for 14 years in a row, maybe you should stand up and take a bow. You could rub it in my face for 300 days, and I would give a **** less. I am not going to go out to the fields and shoot the little bucks and not allow them to grow up in to the ones I want.
OMG did thatjust happen?

Quick Reply: Why is killing a buck so important?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.