Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why is killing a buck so important? >

Why is killing a buck so important?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why is killing a buck so important?

Old 08-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why is killing a buck so important?

if does had antlers id take more of them.........

funny looking at whose who saying antlers arent important...most of them is the same guys that would sale their family come november for a buck with huge antlers....

its ok....you guys dont have to "impress" anyone or say what you THINK is right...like Germ said...let it out.....

i'll man up...anters facsinate me...i can stare at them all day....they are all unique and different and big and small thick and thin...brown, white, yellow and everything in between...shaped differnt etc etc etc...to me antlers seem magical...i dont know why and cant explain it...and frankly, to a bunch of hunters, i shouldnt be having this talk! antlers look awesome up on my wall!!!!

why did you wanna win that baseball game? or football game etc??? oh....coz the trophy gives you bragging rights and looks cool on the wall????! same thing with antlers....

that being said...if you want good hunting you gotta keep the buck to do ratio good...if you ONLY take bucks and no does get taken...well...your hurting yourself....and, i probably love venison more than that average joe....between dad and i weve eaten 4 whole deer before the next season....we love it...
Old 08-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lots of PC answers here[8D]
Old 08-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Dominant Buck

why did you wanna win that baseball game? or football game etc??? oh....coz the trophy gives you bragging rights and looks cool on the wall????! same thing with antlers....
LOL...mauser....

If I kick your ass in sports....I don't need that trophy to remind me of that. I threw all those away a LONG time ago. I don't even own a paper copy of my diploma......

I love a trophy deer like everyone else....but it's between me and the deer. Where mine will reside, soon.....VERY few will ever see them, besides me.

If Kanga says he'd rather shoot does.....hell I believe him.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Kanga

It wont bother me in the slightest if you put a camera in a tree or not.

The truth to the matter is I will kill a doe over a buck.

I have probably killed more animals in my life than most of the other forum members put together.

For 10 years I was a Pro Roo shooter taking 100 roos a night 7 nights a week, 1 week endevery 3 months we would take offto go into townto let loose.

I had 4 properties I shot the smallest being 25k acres.

I can not even begin to count the pigs, foxes, rabbits, buffalo or deer that I have taken.

I dont need antlers to prove I have a pair
talk is cheap

Old 08-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ryan as pretty much always makes a good point.When I hunt I am hunting for either doe's or bucks that are better than average bucks for the area's I am hunting in.I have shot my share of small bucks and the process of getting to the mind set I have now has been an evolution.My father was a "never shoot a doe hunter" who was convinced you were destroying your hunting future by doing so.It wasn't until I got in to archery some 15 years ago that my passion for hunting really exploded,much more time in the woods,reading every book or magazine I could get my hands on,total immersion.As a result for me personally I wanted to elevate the challenge and the commeasurate reward.Doe's or better than average bucks.I am not ego driven,I do it for my own satisfaction not to prove any thing to anybody.I do not like it when I eat a buck tag,I hold myself accountable for not scouting more or hunting harder,but I still have immense enjoyment in the process!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Damn, Gary.....why don't you just come right out and call the man a liar?
Old 08-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would walk to the ends of the earth and sit in my treestand for a week straight just to shoot a scrubracked 2x3 fawn with milk all over its lips on the last day of archery season.

Why the lust to fill a buck tag?
[ol][*]I've got one hell of a streak going - and I don't want to break it.[*]Secondly, if I get anything at all, even it's the tiniest legal deer in the free world - it's still enough to say "I filled my tag" to all my buddies who got skunked. It's still enough to come on here and gloat endlessly about it until next October. To me, that's quality entertainment.[/ol]
I'm one of those guys wholoves giving people a hard time -especially my hunting buddies. So if I've got a homeboy who ate a big dish of tag soup, all I need isANY antlered deer, ANYTHING. I just have togive myself the platform to ride their asses for the next 300+ days straight about what a shame it is that they didn't have enough skill to fill their buck tags.LMAO

Third, I'm a huge tightwad - and I refuse to blowlarge sums of moneyon nonresident tags and eat them. I'll pass deer until the midnight oil is burning, but once I realize that the sun is setting on my season, I'll shoot the first legal deer that makes the mistake of walking by.

Finally, I just like kicking all of you losers' asses andwinning this contest every year.

A Team of Destiny

Old 08-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

this is entertaining....cant wait to get back from lunch and read the 10 pages im sure i'll miss....

not really calling anyone a liar....but i know alot of these guys that basically said "yada yada blah blah boo" are the same guys that would wheel and deal with the devil to put a big buck down come fall...

not EVERYONE...but a good bit of them...

everyone hunts for different reasons....i hunt for about 100000 others besides the fact for meat in the freezer and antlers on the wall....ive killed 9 antlerless deer and 3 with antlers...heck, different days im in a different mood...some days antlerless deer get a free pass even if im in an area over run with them...others im hungry and they better watch out....

i much rather kill a big ole longbeard with a big ole paintbrush longbeard and LONNNNG sharp hooks for spurs over a jake....ive past jakes i coulda killed with stink breath...long sharp hooks and thick paintbrush beards look better on my wall then a little jake beard and bumps for spurs...

im goin to lunch....ya'll keep flingin mudd.....

hunting season gotta start soon before theres cyber drive bys....i can see it now...a bunch of PCs on the news with arrows sticking out the sides of them...."message board dispute ends with arrows shot into many local mens PCs during a early dawn drive by arrowing...police are reading the 20page thread to try and find some leads for the investigation"
Old 08-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Whats funny is.....when a man says THAT (Quik)....we have NO PROBLEMS believing he feels JUST that way!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Damn, Gary.....why don't you just come right out and call the man a liar?
Jeff I believe him when he talks it. Just another story come game time

I don't believe he is lying, but when one has a huge buck and doe in front of them for real, with two legal tags. I am betting the hunter will take the buck

Quick Reply: Why is killing a buck so important?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.