Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muscle workout?!?!?! >

Muscle workout?!?!?!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muscle workout?!?!?!

Old 08-15-2008, 09:06 AM

Default RE: Muscle workout?!?!?!

ORIGINAL: Germ

To build Muscle Mass = More weight Less Reps
Take Routine Blood gave you and do 8-12 reps each set.

Good luck, and Eat a lot
Chasing kids in the middle of the night is also part of Germ's exersise routine right?
Old 08-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

Is your goal to be able to pull your bow back easier and up the poundage or just to gain muscle overall? If you are just looking at being able to pull more poundage then I would concentrate on pulling and holding your bow back for longer periods of time and doing types of activities with the bowas often as possible.

If your looking to just gain overall muscle and strength, then I would say to weightlift like blookcrik suggested. Depends on what you are looking to accomplish with the muscle gain.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Spike

Whichever route you decide on going, the one overlying factor that will dictate your success will be progression! Never workout aimlessly. Make the most of your time. Stick to big compound multi jointmovements. Keep a logbook of every workout as well as the reps and weights that are used. Then the next time you do that workout/exercise again, aim to beat your previous bests either by weight with the same reps or the same weight with more reps.

There is no one special workout routine (within reason)that will produce significantly more gains then another. Just make sure you progress. Given your age and assuming that you take in enough calories, this shouldn't be difficult.

Any questions, feel free to pm me.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

To build Muscle Mass = More weight Less Reps
Take Routine Blood gave you and do 8-12 reps each set.

Good luck, and Eat a lot
Red beans and rice, egg whites, fish, chickin. Lots of low fat milk.Ramen noodles right before the big dance. P.S. dont forget to drink lots of water.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

thanks guys will do i just got a job at a feed store loading peoples trucks with feed i should gain some muscle there lol

Thanks
Colten