HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Oneida Bows? Black Eagle (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/257753-oneida-bows-black-eagle.html)

MichiganWhitetails74 08-14-2008 04:51 PM

Oneida Bows? Black Eagle

I owned one 8 years ago.....FAST, HEAVY, But High Maintenance

whitetailbowhunter 08-14-2008 05:01 PM

RE: Oneida Bows? Black Eagle

They might be good, but i have never tried any of them and their design, scares me.

Steven McBee 08-14-2008 05:05 PM

they look cool, but it looks like u would have to be used to a recurve

whitetailbowhunter 08-14-2008 05:14 PM

If given the chance, I would try one though.

HNI_Christine 08-14-2008 05:19 PM

I know nothing of the black eagle. I use a tomcat and an Osprey for bowfishing. Tomcat is very heavy, Osprey is not. Both are great fish wackers.

They twang pretty loud. You do have to watch that bottom limb on weird angle shots. I've heard them nicknamed 'nutcrackers'. I don't have to worry 'bout that... but I do get some neat bruises on my thigh from time to time.

MichiganWhitetails74 08-14-2008 06:35 PM

They are neat to shoot...let off on the new Oneida's is really smooth....they make a neat popping sound when you shoot them...and they're quick....but boy are they heavy....

SwampCollie 08-14-2008 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

I used one for a season just before I bought my UltraTech.... guess that would have been about 2002 or so????

Smoothest drawing bow around... all your Mathews fans if you think yours is smooth.. you ain't drawn nothing yet.

However, they are loud... and as I voted.... the limbs scare me.

The last hunt I took that bow on I fogot what I was shooting and absolutely SMOKED the bottom limb on the arm of my climber... did it witht he Hoyt one time as well.... gotta be aware.

thebuckhasfallen 08-14-2008 07:13 PM

Ted Nugent uses Oneida Bows, i believe.

Fieldmouse 08-14-2008 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

I've owned an Oneida for almost 20 years. My tomcat was heavy but killed dozens of deer. I set a goal and upgraded to my Black Eagle. I have no idea as to the high maintainance on the bow except if your going to a bad bow shop. I had that experience. Otherwise, the lower limb will slide into your pocket very nicely and reduce the weight off your arms waiting for the deer. It's a good bow and don't shy away from it.

sixgunluvr 08-14-2008 08:45 PM

I had a Lite force Magnum years ago, killed a few deer with it then one day in the tree stand, the limb tip caught the bottom of my stand and cost me a deer, I sold it.