Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Oneida Bows? Black Eagle >

Oneida Bows? Black Eagle

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oneida Bows? Black Eagle

Old 08-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Oneida Bows? Black Eagle

I have a Oneida Tomcat...heavy bow, but a very good shooter.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Spike

I have owned the old style H-500 for over 20 years. It was 30% let off before I went to their shop in Fulton, NY by Syracuse and had them put the 60% let off on it. I really don't know why you guys are saying that it is heavy. I own a Hoyt Eclipse and I think that is heavier. I always start the season with this bow until I kill one with it, then I use the Hoyt. The draw is smoother than the Hoyt while pulling back. I like the Hoyt too, don't get me wrong the hoyt is a quite bow,. But the Eagle is quicker. Love the Eagle. There are a lot of moving parts on it, so I keep an eye on it. Needs a new string now, shot it yesterday for the first time this season, shot great, but a little noisy due to it needs a new string. I haven't put a new one on in a long time. Killed between 16 -17 bucks and 1 bear with it. Don't need a new bow in my opinion, I get a great feeling every time I get a deer with this bow. The friend that got this bow for me got killed so this bow will never leave my home by choice.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I shot Oneida for probally better than 20 years.Smoothest drawingbow I ever shot.Very simple to work on, can change the string in the field with one person holding the outboard limbs while the bow is at full draw and the guy drawing the bow can let go of the bow take the string off and put a new one on. All mine were fast at the time and quite. The one thing that made me change to a more conventional style bow wasthe bow was very lone andthe bottom limb hit my leg while shooting at the biggest buck I will probally ever get a chance to shoot at almost directly underneath me. Needless to say the arrow went who knows where, never found it. They have since made the bow line very much shorter. I think my last Oneida was the Screaming Eagle, maybe the Black Eagle or something like that.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Spike

i have a jig to change the strings with. I have a new string but I don't like this line of strings because the servings aren't very good, so I am going to a guyI am friends with who sells bows and supplies and going to give him some business. He is quicker at serving in the peeps and where the nocks go on,so I am going to let him do it this time. The new string will quiet it down. When the end servings stretch they get noisy. I missed a Turkey in my stand once because I was kneeling down, and the bottom limb hit my leg. Well good luck this season, coming soon already.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Been around ALOT of Oneidas in my day.......one of my best friends shot for them going back to the Screaming Eagle days.

My take on them was.......NO they're NOT quiet no matter what anyone tries to tell you.
Speed was always mediocre at best and if you really pushed them get out your range muffs. LOL

But brother let me tell you that I have NEVER EVER drawn an Oneida that I didn't LOVE. [:-]They all draw smoothly enough to win you over regardless of everything else being a little intimidating looking. If you've never drawn one the draw cycle is wonderful.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

They shoot smooth as well but the noise does'nt bother deer.They just think a tree fell.

I owned an Aeroforce I believe was the model.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:44 PM

I want an Opsprey for stickin fish but they are a bit pricey. Very awesome bow though.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:07 PM

When my old man had a pro shop we sold Oneida's along with Golden Eagle, Mountaineer, and Martin. That was 16 years ago. I got out of bow hunting for about 12 years of that. Started back about 3 years ago and picked up the old Oneida Aero-force and stuck my first deer with a bow with it. IT shoots just as good now as it did 12 years ago all I did was puta new string on it. I have moved on to the newer bows but will always enjoy shooting that bow. Might get another one when I decide to get rid of the Ross.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

My take on them was.......NO they're NOT quiet no matter what anyone tries to tell you.
My name is not anyone so I guess you wern't talking to me , someone who shot them for 20 years and not someone who has just been around a lot of them
Old 08-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

My name is not anyone so I guess you wern't talking to me , someone who shot them for 20 years and not someone who has just been around a lot of them
OK Rick they're quiet........if you say so.
(I made that post without seeing the line where you said they're quiet LOL)

I've been side by side with basically every Oneida model made on up to the Black Eagle for a lot of years so my opinion on them isn't exactly a guess. I almost bought an Aeroforce X-80 from my buddy brand new when he picked up 3 of them but that "PLOCK!" noise just couldn't make me drop the cash despite how much I liked the bow otherwise.

I think Oneidas are a very cool bow, maybe the smoothest drawing compound every made right across the board and they shoot great.......but onething I always noticed was that Oneida shooters were the only ones who ever tried to tell you that their bow was "Quiet" or they would admit that yeah they're a little "noisey" but then they'd outline the 36 step "silencing process" you have to go through to get the bow to the point where at least it wouldn't scare your neighbors.

Quick Reply: Oneida Bows? Black Eagle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.