Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Oneida Bows? Black Eagle >

Oneida Bows? Black Eagle

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oneida Bows? Black Eagle

Old 08-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Oneida Bows? Black Eagle

Size comparison ofmy '08 Osprey andmy old Tomcat. There's a huge difference in length and weight. (I think the '08 Black Eagle is up to 2" longer tip to tip than the '08Osprey)

They are noisy bows. There is no denying that. That old Tomcat had foam filled pockets, rubber fingery things and it was still loud. On the other hand, it's darn near indestructible... and it sure draws and shoots nice. Flings a 1500 grain arrow with real authority too.

TEmbry... they are pricey for a bowfishing bow. Left hand on any Oneida bow is an additional $100.00. [][&o][:'(]
Old 08-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Must not have been set up right Matt. They are as quite as a recurve. You put felt on the limb tips where the string makes contact with the limb tipsand brush buttons on the stringatthe tip of the limbs and wiskers on the string and they are as quite as quite can be. JMO
Old 08-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Spike

RickMur, that is how I have my old H-500 set-up, all except I don't have the string buttons on tip of limb. I have to put a new string on maybe this week. Maybe I will try that button too.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Spike

I currently have an Osprey set up for my son, a BEII I built last year, a Stealth converted to a BE - recently dipped in Next Generation camo and a Pro Eagle. Once you understand the operation of these bows, the fear is gone.

Like anything, they aren't for everyone, but I have been shooting Oneida's since 1990. The new ones are great, simple to work on, but they will be loud if they are not tuned properly.

I love archery, traditional and my Oneidas. Being able to perform set ups, string changes, etc. without a press is a huge positive for me.

Cost? Worth the price in my opinion. It's a family owned business, more of a custom shop today than a major manufacturer. Other bows are great, but just don't feel right to me.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

I have the H250 or 500 forget which one. Needs some work and I plan to have it tuned this year. Love the bow. Bought it second hand from a relative for a couple hundred bucks about 4 years ago. Loaned it to my brother and he took a few doe with it. I want to take a buck with it before moving to a Black Eagle II. Of course I will shoot it first to see if I like it. Oh.. little to know bow torque with these bows as well as little to know vibration. I am attracted to this bow because of the limbs. Some days I wish it was short and light.....

Couple reviews a year or two ago rated the Black Eagle II one of the top bows on the market.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:23 AM
Spike

Just put a new string with the buttons on the end towards tips, put the simms string noise suppressors in it on my old H-500. Quietest this bow has ever been. Shoots fast and I have killed many bucks and a bear with this bow. Don't know much about the new ones, but after I had this one reconditioned with the 60% let off, smooth.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Spike

The new Black eagle and falcon are awesome bows bow are light and fast. Not to mention they are about three inches shorter then allot of the older models. They are also quiet check out this page www.oneidabows.net/forum/ the owner is a guy named Joe, and he will be able to answer any questions you my have and help you to find the bow that is right for you. I think you will be please with Oneida