Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What the heck is up with Nugent these days >

What the heck is up with Nugent these days

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What the heck is up with Nugent these days

Old 03-10-2003, 11:12 AM

Default What the heck is up with Nugent these days

Don' t get me wrong because I think he' s done a lot of good work, but it seems like Ted is proclaiming himself as the next Fred Bear. I personally think he' s whats wrong with the image of hunters as red neck, gun carrying, right winged, nuts. I don' t thing anyone has ever called Fred Bear a nut, but a pioneer. Is Ted the best we can do to lead the hunting movement into the future? Is he the Fred Bear of today? If not who is?
Old 03-10-2003, 11:51 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What the heck is up with Nugent these days

I happen to like Ted. I like the no nonsense approach and the honesty of his presentation. I won' t refute the fact that he is a little right of center for mainstream America. Is this good or bad? I think it is good. Who, besides, Charleton Hesston and Uncle Ted do we have out on the streets sticking up for us? Hollywood, and professional musicians are basically all antis and they are in the paper weekly spouting off their views. We have two voices against two institutions. People listen to these folks, because they can act or sing they are held at a higher esteem within mainstream America. Look through the papers and CNN, how many of these people do they interview weekly with their thoughts on the situation in Iraq? How many of them can even tell you where Iraq is? America wants to hear what they have to say. Those are the sad facts that we have to live with. Both of these men are shunned in their respective professions, not because they hunt or have guns, but because they speak publically about it. Our side need all the help it can get, the other side is lauded while we are crucified. Madonna has taken up pheasant hunting in England in the past couple of years, how many of you saw or knew about that? It does not get pulisized unless Field and Stream or someone like that picks it up. Then we find out about it but the people that need to know don' t. They aren' t likely to beleive Field and Stream either, that magazine is biased, why wouldn' t they print that, I didn' t see it on CNN, Madonna is not on MTV talking about it like that idiot Ted Nugent. How many times do you see a clip in a hunting magazine or on the Outdoor Channel where they talk about a celebrity hunting or shooting event and you say, " Wow, I had no idea they were a hunter or shooter." Weather you like him or hate him, he gives us a voice where it is sorely needed. My two cents, this should be a good post.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-10-2003, 02:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-10-2003, 02:31 PM

I like Ted too...well, most of the time. I love his enthusiasm for the hunting, knives, and gun toting. I tell ya what, each time I watch his show, he gets me all sorts of excited about next season.

Yes, he has a loud and sometimes obnoxious way about him, but he is on our side....THANK GOODNESS!!! A few of you have mentioned some of the Hollywood stars, correct? I' m sure you remember every single one of those outspoken people, and almost hold a little hatred towards their views, correct? Well Ted does that for us. I don' t like everything he says or does, but I would love to meet a fella who you' d rather send into a debate instead of him. He talks the talk and walks the walk. He is VERY knowledgable not only about the current laws on the books, but the history of guns and hunting. In reference to the Fred B.comment, let' s not forget, ol' Uncle Ted has the right to call him a ' nut' , he hunted with the man all the time and " shared many a campfire" with him. If you watch his show religiously, Ted shows nothing but respect for Fred Bear and his enormous impact on hunting.

I met Ted one time in a bowshop in South Dakota, and I must say he is about as nice of a fella as you will ever meet. He had every opportunity to leave during the several hours I was there, but he stuck around and signed autographs and hung out to ' talk shop' . The entire time he was encouraging all of us to do all we can to protect this wonderul right we have to hunt.

Do any of you go out and speak to others about our right to carry arms, hunt, and to flat out try to make a difference? Nope, nor do I speak out as much as I should, which makes me respect him all the more.

Just my two cents.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

If the people that don' t like Ted for what he is doing I would like to see THEM step up and take over where Ted left off! Or maybe its just easier to sit on the couch and bash him and let him do the dirty work for us hunters!! At least Ted gives back in a good way and I can' t see bashing that![:-] Ted has a style that I like...No fronts! Rock on Ted...Thats just my opinion![:-]
Old 03-10-2003, 02:44 PM

Ted Nugent, whether a person likes his style or the way he comes across, does do good things for the sport and for children. He runs or attends youth camps for hunting and spends times with the kids. They seem to like him and relate well to his message.
I don' t think he is trying to take over or become Fred Bear. He speaks of him with great respect. I just see him as another, different type of, guy bring the message in his own way.
I won' t want to spend a week with him in camp but he might feel the same about a rigid old f@rt like me.
Like someone said earlier, it beats sitting on the sofa doing nothing and he' s on our side.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Although Ted has done much for the sport I would perfer to see a Dave Watson type of indiviual step to the forfront. Now I said type, not necessarily DW himself.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:41 AM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Fred Bear he ain' t.

JRW

Quick Reply: What the heck is up with Nugent these days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.