Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews/BowTech/Hoyt - Decision Time >

Mathews/BowTech/Hoyt - Decision Time

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews/BowTech/Hoyt - Decision Time

Old 08-13-2008, 08:47 PM

Default RE: Mathews/BowTech/Hoyt - Decision Time

just a question. isn't 270 fast enough? I shoot the bowtech tribute, w/413 gr arrows @ 277 @66#. I have seen someone shoot a guardian w/380gr arrows,& they were flying @ 301. how fast do they need to fly for you. As for bowtech, they have great customer service,& they are coming up something amazing next yr. they are on the forefront of bow designs, & engineering. But ultimately, u have 2 buy what feels the best to you. how if feels in your hand, go w/your gut. I too shot about 6-7 different manufacturers bows. out of bowtech, I shot the guardian, allegiance, & tribute. The ally & guardian where the really hot bows back then, but I liked the tribute & went with it. I liked the short ata, the looks of the bow, how quiet it is, pulls easy& it shoots great. by far I think that bow is the best that bowtech has built. good luck w/your venture, & let us know what u go with.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

they are coming up something amazing next yr.
Please do tell!!!!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Made my decision. I got the........

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Congrats crowkilla, A heck of a bow. You're gonna love it.

He is not an internet dealer. He is a dealer in texas that I know from ArcheryTalk. It was not an internet sale at all. It would be the same if I called the local place and told them I was too lazy to drive the 2 miles to there store and that I wanted them to ship it to my house.
I got news for you and him both. If that bow gets shipped, regardless if you live next door or 1000 miles away, herisks losinghis Bowtech dealership and you do not have a warranty..... period.

I promise you that Bowtech monitors these archery forums.

Same goes for the stores that are selling these bows for these prices.
BowTech General - $675 (on sale)
Diamond Marquis - $599 or so - Didn't matter.
Brand New 2008 Bowtech Guardian for $605 to my door. Can't be it.
This guy is justbegging to be a former Bowtech dealer.

Seriously, what does it matter to you?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Also, sweet setup, congrats.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Congratulations on your Guardian. You made a great indepth search and found a fantastic bow. Very nice.

I took the liberty to show your Guardian in your post.
Rob, Thanks a ton for helping me show it off!!

I love it so far.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya I was in the same situation. I am a Mathews shooter and love the DXT but it's just a little too small but really don't shoot like it is. I'd have to say I think it had very little hand shock and was quiet.. Honestly if it had a draw stop I'd probably buy it. Not sure mathews will ever use a draw stop again but I hope so.
However I have to agree that I thought the General was bar none the smoothest bow I'd ever shot. Slow.. Well, not really.. I mean with over 8 inches in brace height I think it's doing quite well.. Trade off for me was I thought it had a really harsh draw cycle.

I decided after speaking with a Bowtech rep to wait until the 09 bows came out.. But of the ones mentioned I'd either choose the DXT or the General...
Old 08-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: in da woods

just a question. isn't 270 fast enough? I shoot the bowtech tribute, w/413 gr arrows @ 277 @66#. I have seen someone shoot a guardian w/380gr arrows,& they were flying @ 301. how fast do they need to fly for you. As for bowtech, they have great customer service,& they are coming up something amazing next yr. they are on the forefront of bow designs, & engineering. But ultimately, u have 2 buy what feels the best to you. how if feels in your hand, go w/your gut. I too shot about 6-7 different manufacturers bows. out of bowtech, I shot the guardian, allegiance, & tribute. The ally & guardian where the really hot bows back then, but I liked the tribute & went with it. I liked the short ata, the looks of the bow, how quiet it is, pulls easy& it shoots great. by far I think that bow is the best that bowtech has built. good luck w/your venture, & let us know what u go with.
No doubt, 270 is definitely fast enough. I stated in my original post that speed wasn't my top priority. Although the Guardian is pretty fast, there are many out there that are much faster. Speed doesn't kill. Kinetic energy kills. Speed and weight affect kinetic energy, both of which are controllable.

Now I have a question: If speed can be obtained without noise, without hand shock, without extra inches on the lenght bow, and for an equal price, why not get a fast bow? I touched onmy answer to this question in my original post where I said my expectation of the Guardian, in the absence of shooting it, was that it would be a faster longer General.Turns out I was right. To be truthful, the Guardian does havemorevibration than the General, but not out of thebounds of my expectations and, most importantly, still less than the other bows I tried. That's why I chose the Guardian. I know you weren't trying to argue with me over speed. I just wanted to share my reasoning on that matter in my selection process.

By the way, the Tribute is also a beautiful bow. I shot a Tribute and also an Allegiance today. Great bows. I'm sure you love yours.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the new bow.When the Guardian came out I really liked the idea and gave it serious consideration but all it took for ME was drawing it back a couple times to realize I didn't like the draw cycle.

Never shot it,that doesn't tell me what I need to know about a hunting bow.Balance(stability) and feel are what I look for and it felt good there,just didn't like the cycle.

Oddly enough,I find the Z3 cam on the Katera cycle better than my current cam 1/2.Funny how each one of us(our bodies)like different things and sometimes,what should be,isn't.[:-]
Old 08-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Congrats crowkilla, A heck of a bow. You're gonna love it.

He is not an internet dealer. He is a dealer in texas that I know from ArcheryTalk. It was not an internet sale at all. It would be the same if I called the local place and told them I was too lazy to drive the 2 miles to there store and that I wanted them to ship it to my house.
I got news for you and him both. If that bow gets shipped, regardless if you live next door or 1000 miles away, herisks losinghis Bowtech dealership and you do not have a warranty..... period.

I promise you that Bowtech monitors these archery forums.

Same goes for the stores that are selling these bows for these prices.
BowTech General - $675 (on sale)
Diamond Marquis - $599 or so - Didn't matter.
Brand New 2008 Bowtech Guardian for $605 to my door. Can't be it.
This guy is justbegging to be a former Bowtech dealer.

Likely it is because whoever sold this new bow for $605.00 and shipped it broke the national retail agreement. It is sad someone would go into a pro shop, take their time to shoot the bows and then go buy from someone they don't know and get it $100.00 cheaper, after all nobody is paying the overhead for the shop that this indiviual took advantage of. Shops carrying the Bowtech line should respect their dealer agreement and not pimp out bows and let other shops change the mods for free The shop that took the time to let him shoot should have gotten the sale but someone in Texas is breaking their agreement with Bowtech and making money for doing nothing
Old 08-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Likely it is because whoever sold this new bow for $605.00 and shipped it broke the national retail agreement. It is sad someone would go into a pro shop, take their time to shoot the bows and then go buy from someone they don't know and get it $100.00 cheaper, after all nobody is paying the overhead for the shop that this indiviual took advantage of. Shops carrying the Bowtech line should respect their dealer agreement and not pimp out bows and let other shops change the mods for free The shop that took the time to let him shoot should have gotten the sale but someone in Texas is breaking their agreement with Bowtech and making money for doing nothing
The above is exactly why it matters to me. [:@]

The retail agreement is there for a very specific reason. To prevent exactly what those two dealers are doing / did. [:@]

I get calls daily from around the country asking to purchae Bowtech andMathews. I always loose a sale because I follow the rules and do not cut the throats of the local dealers that these people should be going to.

Quick Reply: Mathews/BowTech/Hoyt - Decision Time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.