Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is this the same buck ?? >

Is this the same buck ??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this the same buck ??

Old 08-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Is this the same buck ??

OK- take a look at this photo of two bucks. They are photos taken 7 days apart. I first thought that the photo taken on 7/26 was of a 9 pointer, but the more I study the photo, the more I'm starting to feel he's the same buck as the photo on the left taken 7 days earlier.

I know the first thing someone will make note of is the difference in the left browtine. But remember, the 7/26 photo is taken 7 days later- could a browtine grow that much in 7 days?

The other obvious difference is the right G4- it's clearly there in the 7/20 photo, but in the 7/26 photo (due to the angle) I'm starting to feel it's hidden by the right G5.

Other similarities include markings on both necks & the shape/line formed by the white underhair on the rear right leg. So give me your feedback as a "percentage chance of it being the same buck".

Thanks,

Rob
Old 08-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is this the same buck ??

Those G2s just dont look the same to me...
Old 08-12-2008, 07:46 PM

im going to say two different bucks the G2's on them look to be different lengths
Old 08-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like everyone is split..
Old 08-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

It appears to be the same deer to me...
Old 08-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

If that's the same buck then his G2's shrank in those 6 days

I'm starting to feel it's hidden by the right G5.
I think what you are calling his G5 is actually his right brow tine visible from behind the main beam. Which is angling inward and the other bucks brow tines are straight up.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I think what you are calling his G5 is actually his right brow tine visible from behind the main beam. Which is angling inward and the other bucks brow tines are straight up.
The browtines on both deer are straight up. It's just that the deer on the left (7/20) has his head tilted down and slightly angled to the right of camera lens, as a result- the browtine appears to be tilted in. The photo on the left clearly shows a right G4, G5 & browtine behind them both. The photo on the right, due to the angle, I feel has the "hidden" G4 behind what I now feel is the G5.

Rob
Old 08-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

the buck on the left has a right main beam that curves in and is shorter than is shorter on the left(i am referring to if u were looking from the deers perspective not the cameras) but the right deer has main beams of equal proportion
Old 08-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

To me that looks like his brow tine. Same lighter color as his antler base. Of course it could very sell be a G5 but with it being the same color as his base makes me think it's a brow...... I don't know.

I don't think they are the same buck though. Hopefully you have to monsters walking around.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I agree with bigbulls, definately not the same buck.

The G2's are shorter on the second buck quite obviously.

Edit: Unless he busted them, he's similiar perhaps related?

Quick Reply: Is this the same buck ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.