Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is this the same buck ?? >

Is this the same buck ??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this the same buck ??

Old 08-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is this the same buck ??

100% the same deer....Forget the antlers because the angles are to different to tell, look at the white on his legs, the white ring around his nose, the throat patch...Perfect match.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

The votes are split in half. 11-11. Tells you how much you can "know" from a photo.

I still think it's the same deer. The pics have different angles and are different distances. Rarely do you have two bucks, of almost the exact same size, roaming the same area in front of a gamecam.

It's gotta be the same deer.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

The G2's on buck #1 are obviously longer than his G3's.

The G2's on buck #2 are obviously shorter then his G3's.

There is no way this is the same buck. As Rob said maybe related but not the same buck.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:30 AM
Fork Horn

Just to give you guys some perspective, here's what they're saying on two other archery forums.
The question posed was exactly the same as was posed here- with the exact same options to choose from.

ArcheryTalk:
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=736715

Mathews:
http://forums.mathewsinc.com/viewtopic.php?t=95629&highlight=

It fills my heart with such joy knowing that the "experts" can at least agree on one thing-
................... to disagree!

Rob
Old 08-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

This has been a very entertaining thread. I thank everyone who voted and posted replies. Now, here's some food for thought:

Can you tell I think it's the same deer? Believe me- it would sure be better for me if they were two different deer.

Rob
Old 08-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are very similar, but it's really hard to tell. What has me thinking it may be the same deer is the way the end of the right antler sweeps upward on both deer. The G3s are definitely longer in the second picture and I don't know that they could have grown that much in 6 days, but everything else looks very similar.

Hard to say.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I say same deer. Both pictures reveal a trademark left H3 measurement that is abnormally large. For me, that's the smoking gun.

The double-throat patch would be equally convincing, but you just can't see enough of it in the opposite photo, due to the lighting and the body positioning.

The apparent tine length discrepanciesin both photos simply demonstrate a different photograph angle. You could put these two pictures together, however to get a really good score estimate on this guy.

I think the tine lengths, spread and mass measurements jive fairly well through both pictures. Left crab claw. Matching brows, evenly positioned on the beam - both relatively weak for a buck of this size. Again, trademarks.

Granted, it's not easy to differentiate between two clean 5x5's, but if I were scoring both deer - every tine matches. The only real perceived "discrepancies" occur when the tines are tilting either toward or away from the camera - and you feel like you're "guessing" at the length. You only get a true tine length on tines that are perpendicular to the lens.

If that makes any sense at all...
Old 08-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think he grew a lot in 7 days
Old 08-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

that's the same deer. 100%. final answer...
Old 08-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think its the same buck. I think the angle is the difference. They also seem to have the same patch and long black snout.

hatchet Jack

Quick Reply: Is this the same buck ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.