Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Look what my buddy found lurking near one of the stands yesterday! >

Look what my buddy found lurking near one of the stands yesterday!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Look what my buddy found lurking near one of the stands yesterday!

Old 08-12-2008, 07:18 PM

Default RE: Look what my buddy found lurking near one of the stands yesterday!

i woulda fed that snake to my dog.

lol its fun to watch
Old 08-12-2008, 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

Well by using some of your logics, I should be able to walk into your yard and hammer you dog over the head with a shovel because it "scares" me and it could attack. How about deer, they cause more human fatalities in the U.S. every year than snakes, maybe I should go on a mission and start shooting every single one of them while I am in the woods.

Its pretty sad when a person lets fear of a creature take over and they must kill that animal to make themselves feel better

Funny how all of these rattlesnake lovers are from the north where there aren't very many of them. Maybe what you need is to watch one of YOUR DOGS die a slow miserable death after getting popped in the face by one of these things before you come on here talkin like a fool.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:31 PM

Yea, except the Timber Rattlesnakes and Cooperheads, besides them we don't have any poisionous snakes

As far as the dog comment, isn't that up to the owners to prevent from happening.

It just amazes me how many people forget that the snakes have been here longer than we have, and since they are potentially dangerous, most feel the urge to kill them. Its pretty sad to see grown men acting like 5 year old school girls at the first sign of a snake and the "tough guy" urge comes on the kill it. If you are going for a walk in the woods you are entering into their territory, use caution and don't mess with the snakes and the bites can be avoided.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

It just amazes me how many people forget that the snakes have been here longer than we have
Actually BM, they wer both created the same day ..... day 6

I don't understand the killing of snakes just to kill them, but I am from the north, too

Old 08-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Spike

I don't know much about rattle snakes but don't they make alot of noise before they try to bite you?
Old 08-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

I hate snakes, i can't even watch them on tv they creep me out that bad. I would not hesitate to kill one, nor would i feel sorry for doing it. I was watching Man vs. Wild the other night and he killed a rattlesnake to eat, and it was still slithering around after he cut its head off, sends chills up my spine just thinking about it.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Spike

I am not a big fan of snakes they kind of creep me out I was out checking out a spot to hunt the other day and I saw a big garder snake and that made me jump if i saw a rattle snake I would be running like forest gump.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

You guys from up north need to come walk through a pasture down here in texas during the mid-summer. After that im positive you will have a different outlook. Rattlesnakes dont always rattle especially when you step on them they are not goin to say get off and ill give you 3 steps before i rattle, NO its just not nature. I dont go lookin for them to kill them but if i cross one im not givin him the time to rattle, boom hes dead.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do you guys in the south have a season for rattlesnake?
Old 08-12-2008, 07:57 PM

[blockquote]quote:

It just amazes me how many people forget that the snakes have been here longer than we have

[/blockquote]

Actually BM, they wer both created the same day ..... day 6

I don't understand the killing of snakes just to kill them, but I am from the north, too
Sorry Preach

I dont go lookin for them to kill them but if i cross one im not givin him the time to rattle, boom hes dead.
My question is why kill it then? Why not just walk around and leave it be? Whats the point of killing an animal that has every right to be there as you do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.