Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadhead Poll

Old 08-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default Broadhead Poll

I know this poll has already been run before, but I just want to get a feel for what everyone thinks is the best broadhead for whitetails. You might talk about which head specifically you like, and why you prefer it.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Broadhead Poll

This I am sticking with the slick trick mag. again. I used to shoot muzzy but I just like the tricks better.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have voted Muzzy. I have tried many different broadheads and nothing compares to the Muzzys in my book. Iver tried everythign from mechanicals, wasps, rocky mountain, thunderheads, as well as many other ones and was never able to get a good clean pass through untill I tried Muzzy MX-4's these things are wicked and devistating when it comes to damage, and have always had a perfect pass through.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot both Muzzys and Thunderheads, kill deer with both...

I have killed a few with the Spitfires with no problem...It's just easier to change the blades with Muzzys and Thunderheads that I went back to them...
Old 08-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

I've been using the Thunderhead 100's for several years now, and I've not had a reason to change. I almost always get a good passthrough shot on the vitals and rarely, if ever, have a problem with a deer not bleeding out pretty quickly. The only deer I killed last year (a doe) ran no further than 20 yards after arrow impact before she began to wobble and fell over. Upon further investigation, I saw that I was able to get her in the heart, so that certainly helps. Lucky shot I guess?!?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slicktricks. I've only shot those and WASP heads. Slicktricks flew flawless, performed well in the field for me, so I'm staying with them. I'm a gear guy, but I'm not into switching BH's too much.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slick Trick 100gr Magnum. They seem to be very similar to a Muzzy MX-4 butI think they are stronger and sharper.
Nontypical Buck

Half a stick of TNT with a contact detonator for me. Shot placement is not very important. Just stay away from the head if you want to mount it.

Just kidding. Muzzy 100 gr. 3 blade.
Typical Buck

out of those slick trick definately. G5 strikers are great. The only one I would possibly choose over the trick is the magnus buzzcut

rick

Old 08-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

57gr. Rocket!!!!

Quick Reply: Broadhead Poll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.