Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Remember guys...Be Safe >

Remember guys...Be Safe

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Remember guys...Be Safe

Old 08-12-2008, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remember guys...Be Safe

I saw this in the Deer Hunting forum and decided since some here may not visit over there, to post this link and a very important reminder. Please, please watch the video and think before you climb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqfkK3h2jqM
Old 08-12-2008, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remember guys...Be Safe

Thanks for sharing that. I won't go up a tree without a harness again. I don't want to put me or my family through that.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's just not worth it tx. It only takes minutes to keep you and your family from suffering for years. Every time I leave home to hunt, I look atmy wife &kids soundly sleeping in a home that the Lord and I have made safe for them. Why should I do something so foolish as to not wear a harness "Every Time", and take that away from them?

LT
Old 08-12-2008, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for sharing that! I quit using hang on stands years ago after having two of them give way on me.

rick

Old 08-12-2008, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow! That was chilling...... thanks LT for sharing that ....he is on my prayer list ... praise God he lived a fall like that ...
Old 08-12-2008, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

PT, my heart really went out to this guy. (and others like him) You can actually hear the passion in his voice, yet the depression of the whole ordeal is evident in his pain. I wish that others with stories/videos like his would come front and center at this time of year. If it only wakes one person, it would be worth it.

LT
Old 08-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, thanks for that Tomkat. Every year it seems like someone I know or know of falls.

Below are a couple of past threads with ideas for safety.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1309286&mpage=1&key=ascender&amp ;#1315954

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1307404&mpage=1&key=ascender&amp ;#1307628
Old 08-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow. Thank you for sharing that. I received a hunters safety vest for my birthday this year and I won't be going in a tree without it.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:12 AM

Thanks for sharing...I believe I will be buying a better hunters safety vest before the season.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

It`s amazing how God can turn a tragity into something positive,I actually thaught it was an inspirational story,sad that such a great guy had to go through that but it made him stronger in a sense and he probobly has a greater apreciation for life.
I owned a climber for two years without using a harness then last year my girlfriend baught me one,I wont go up with out locking in after seeing that so thanks for the post.

Quick Reply: Remember guys...Be Safe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.