HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Look maw, no wheels (pics) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/257112-look-maw-no-wheels-pics.html)

bloodcrick 08-11-2008 09:45 AM

Look maw, no wheels (pics)

Ok i have officially lost it :DAfter a 20+ year absence from traditional shooting i got the itch to drag one of my old bows out. The goal is to take a Doe at close range with it. I owe this to my Dad for hanging onto my first two recurves all these years or i probably would haver sold or gave them away. He recently gave them back. Dont get me wrong, I love my bowtech and will primarily be hunting with it this season but i have a void to fill. That void was hunting with a recurve in my youth and never having the oportunity to take a deer with it. First i decided that i was going to camo the very glossy bear grizzly, i made some stencils and got after the flat camo paint. I removed the no glove rubber thingys on the string and re served it as well and added a much needed coat of wax. I made my own string sliencers as well and added some new mole skin to the riser and bought a new leather glove.I still had my vintage Ben Pearson quiver that needed dusting and installed that.I was at Gander Mt. weeks ago and came across a bargain of a half dozen bare shafted 2315 XX75 in Mossy oak break up aluminums for $20.00.I bought some 5" feathers and fletched them up when i got home. All that is left is to decide on what broad head im using. My first couple of days of shooting i couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, but shooting everyday it has finally came back to me. I would like to thank everyone who has answered my questions and i have had many. Schultzy, GMMAT, Rybo, and bowhuntingfool. thanks for getting me back on track, its been awhile ;)

Vintage Ben pearson quiver

The new aluminums

The best group i can muster at 15 yards

rybohunter 08-11-2008 09:50 AM

RE: Look maw, no wheels (pics)

Nice Dan, I'm excited for you, I know the feeling of stepping back in the woods for some unfinished business.
Good luck!

BobCo19-65 08-11-2008 09:54 AM

Good luck this season!

quiksilver 08-11-2008 09:54 AM

Awesome Danno!

But one thing bothers me...

I think we need to have a talk about the electric baby-blue slippers. :eek: [&o] [:o]

Even the dog is wondering WTF you were thinking.

Sliverflicker 08-11-2008 10:04 AM

Become the arrow grasshopper :D. Not bad shooting for just starting over.
I like the Snuffer for a broadhead, but then I actually like taking the time to sharpen them. What ever you choose, good luck with it this season.

Sliverflicker 08-11-2008 10:09 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Awesome Danno!

But one thing bothers me...

I think we need to have a talk about the electric baby-blue slippers. :eek: [&o] [:o]

Even the dog is wondering WTF you were thinking.
Ha Ha ,I didn't notice that, the dog is checking them out!

GMMAT 08-11-2008 10:13 AM

That's a GREAT 15yd group.....given you're just getting back into it.

Looking forward to following your progress, Dink.;)

I'd also like to hear what the trad guys think about your hand position (draw hand). If it were ME....I'd want that sight line a little higher. That would put me anchoring a little higher.

Like I said, though.....I'd like to hear what the trad. guys think.

Germ 08-11-2008 10:17 AM

That is the baviest Dog in the world:D I would not stand behind that target for a million dollars with you shooting[:-]

Schultzy 08-11-2008 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Become the arrow grasshopper :D. Not bad shooting for just starting over.
I like the Snuffer for a broadhead, but then I actually like taking the time to sharpen them. What ever you choose, good luck with it this season.
Yep, can't go wrong with a Snuffer Dan if your wondering how these heads are. They've been on my arrows for 15 years now.

Dan, I love the camo of the bow, you did awesome man!!! As for the quiver, that sucker is old!!! I haven't seen one of them in years.

Anytime you need a hand just give me a ring, I'm all ears buddy!

bloodcrick 08-11-2008 11:55 AM

Quick... that dog is not thinking WTF, its more like dang he has sexy toes :D
Jeff... I would like to here what they think also, im for all suggestions, but so far it is working for me as is, but if i can better myself,,,,Ill give it a go.
Germ... I wouldnt even think of shooting when princess is standing back there :D
Ill look in to the snuffers guys... thanks for the insight ;)
Thanks everyone!!