HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Look maw, no wheels (pics) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/257112-look-maw-no-wheels-pics.html)

PreacherTony 08-11-2008 11:59 AM

RE: Look maw, no wheels (pics)

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

Quick... that dog is not thinking WTF, its more like dang he has sexy toes :D
Jeff... I would like to here what they think also, im for all suggestions, but so far it is working for me as is, but if i can better myself,,,,Ill give it a go.
Germ... I wouldnt even think of shooting when princess is standing back there :D
Ill look in to the snuffers guys... thanks for the insight ;)
Thanks everyone!!
The dog is prolly thinkin, "Dang! His toes are FATTER than his fingers!!!!":D

bloodcrick 08-11-2008 12:05 PM

[8D][8D][8D]I cant believe no one ask if i found a glove that fit :D

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Quick... that dog is not thinking WTF, its more like dang he has sexy toes :D
Jeff... I would like to here what they think also, im for all suggestions, but so far it is working for me as is, but if i can better myself,,,,Ill give it a go.
Germ... I wouldnt even think of shooting when princess is standing back there :D
Ill look in to the snuffers guys... thanks for the insight ;)
Thanks everyone!!
The dog is prolly thinkin, "Dang! His toes are FATTER than his fingers!!!!":D

Matt / PA 08-11-2008 12:07 PM

Shooting 3 under try that middle finger in the corner of your mouth and not your pointer........see if your shooting doesn't improve almost immediately.

<------------------<<< Look over there :D

How are those arrows flying for you?

GMMAT 08-11-2008 12:09 PM

Shooting 3 under try that middle finger in the corner of your mouth and not your pointer........see if your shooting doesn't improve almost immediately.
I just PM'd him the same thing, Matt. Wonder where I heard that?:D

I also (right or wrong) use my thumb behind my ear as another anchoring point. Though....I can't remember where I heard that one. It works, for me, though.

Good luck, Dink!

bloodcrick 08-11-2008 12:12 PM

Jeff just set me straight on that one. Im going home to try in a sec. The arrows fly with just a slight kick/whip. Can i ask why you ask ? Im looking for any tips i can get ahold of :)

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Sliverflicker 08-11-2008 12:13 PM

I shoot 3 under, middle finger anchor also.

GMMAT 08-11-2008 12:15 PM

Would your knocking point change if you shot 3 under v. split?

I don't know.

Matt / PA 08-11-2008 12:16 PM

Jeff just set me straight on that one. Im going home to try in a sec. The arrows fly with just a slight kick/whip. Can i ask why you ask ? Im looking for any tips i can get ahold of :)

THey fly with a slight kick or whip because they are WAY overspined for your bow. Try shooting one without any fletching and tell me what they do.......my guess is that they fly to the target badly tail right the entire way.
The thing with traditional shooting is yeah its fun to shoot whatever old arrows you can get cheaply and those big 5" feathers correct flight fairly quickly.
The problem is that these bows lack the energy that a modern compound has so perfect arrow flight to maximize penetration is absolutely critical.

They're gonna whip even more when you put a big broadhead on there.

I just don't want to see you set yourself up for dissapointment if you make a good shot and get poor penetration and maybe a hard track job or even a lost animal.

bloodcrick 08-11-2008 12:21 PM

Thank you very much ;)I knew i could count on you guys for anwsers ;)

THey fly with a slight kick or whip because they are WAY overspined for your bow. Try shooting one without any fletching and tell me what they do.......my guess is that they fly to the target badly tail right the entire way.
The thing with traditional shooting is yeah its fun to shoot whatever old arrows you can get cheaply and those big 5" feathers correct flight fairly quickly.
The problem is that these bows lack the energy that a modern compound has so perfect arrow flight to maximize penetration is absolutely critical.

They're gonna whip even more when you put a big broadhead on there.

I just don't want to see you set yourself up for dissapointment if you make a good shot and get poor penetration and maybe a hard track job or even a lost animal.

GMMAT 08-11-2008 12:21 PM

Would your knocking point change if you shot 3 under v. split?

I don't know.
I guess I should have went further and asked......

Ifa bow is set up (nocking point) for a split shooter.....and then the person shoots it shoots 3 under......could that attribute to the arrow "jumping"?

Again...I have no idea.