Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Asking for Permission to Hunt >

Asking for Permission to Hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Asking for Permission to Hunt

Old 08-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Asking for Permission to Hunt

Great info!

Good post Jeff.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Asking for Permission to Hunt

I have an additional method when asking permission, it is productive and shows a value to the landowner. There are numerous Venison donation programs throughout the country, fhfh.org, ISAH(Illinois Sportsman Against Hunger) etc. Many of these organizations have local butchers that take donated deer, some are paid by the organization and some discount the fee and it's tax deductable. Many landowners hate to know animals are being killed but the animals are killing their landscaping and crops so something needs to be done.

I used to take a printout letter from fhfh.org with how the organization started along with the location of the local processor I'd take it to. One landowner allowed me to hunt and another allowed me to hunt and Paid the processing donation for every deer taken off of the property. In the end everyone wins and you are likely the only one that has asked permission that is doing an honorable duty. We are working on a spot this year that has minimum 5 acre lots with multi million dollar houses in the middle of an area that isn't hunted. Thanks to one homeowner last year that donoated the processing fee for what was killed off of their property, several neighbors have expressed interest. The best part in the end is that you can go to bed at night knowing that you enjoyed yourself, helped a landowner with a nuisance problem and helped a few poeple go to bed on a full stomach.
Raceway:

Excellent point.

In the letters I write....I include photocopies of the "thank you" letters Lisa and I have received from the family we donate venison to. This is a family of 15! I'm certain that the knowledge, of where the lion's share of the meat harvested is going,does nothing but help.

Thanks for adding that.