HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   PETA lost this battle: to a CDN newspaper (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/256600-peta-lost-battle-cdn-newspaper.html)

sandilands 08-07-2008 08:13 PM

PETA lost this battle: to a CDN newspaper

Take a look!
You all might have heard of the horrifying act on a greyhound bus just outside portage la prairie. A 22 yr old man was stabbed 40-50 times and then beheaded. When the other passengers got off the bus the locked the door and disabled the bus. The accused went and started to cannibilize the body. The man was arrested and now is awaiting trial. Turns out he went off his meds for schizophrenia.
WELL PETA got there claws in this one and wanted to place an ad in the local papers to make people more aware of the plite of animals. It didn't work and now PETA is being slammed[8D]
Here's a link to the story http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Manitoba/2008/08/07/6371596-sun.html

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-07-2008 08:17 PM

RE: PETA lost this battle: to a CDN newspaper

I was more interested in the Sunshine Girl for the day.

Look at it this way, that pathetic organization still got their name and agenda in the paper regardless and that was FREE. Don't be fooled.

BrownBow33 08-07-2008 08:19 PM

Apparently PETA'S mission is to never have another animal killed if not by natural causes. Could you imagine the amount of people being killed from car accidents involving deer if there was no hunting!! It would be a crazy number!

When I read something from PETA all I see is blah blah blah and then blah blah blah.:D

MN/Kyle 08-07-2008 08:20 PM

Turns out he went off his meds for schizophrenia
Yeah, I guess!

This is (one) of the most horrifying stories I've EVER heard in my life.

"We're really challenging everyone who was shocked by this horrendous crime against Tim McLean to go to our website and see for themselves that animals every day go through exactly what he went through," PETA spokeswoman Lindsay Rajt told the Winnipeg Sun yesterday.

I think Lindsay went off some meds too[:'(]

My heart goes out to everyone involved in this tragic event. Makes me sick, really.

sandilands 08-07-2008 08:22 PM

They may have gotten their name in the papers but up here they are on our turf. The paper ran a pole and people are outraged. This is a disgusting group....... I could think of a few choice words for those who wanted to run that ad.
There is such a thing as BAD press and this is IT. They ain't making any friends up here. ;)

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-07-2008 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: sandilands

They may have gotten their name in the papers but up here they are on our turf. The paper ran a pole and people are outraged. This is a disgusting group....... I could think of a few choice words for those who wanted to run that ad.
There is such a thing as BAD press and this is IT. They ain't making any friends up here. ;)
That in it's self is good news.

Predator19 08-07-2008 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I was more interested in the Sunshine Girl for the day.

x2

sandilands 08-07-2008 08:27 PM

Sorry guys I never got that far today. I saw and read it at work. I work at a Costco and everybody was enraged by even the thought of the ad. My prayers go out to his family

brotherbdc 08-07-2008 08:52 PM

wow, peta wants to ban hunting? huh? ok so we dont hunt anymore, animal population grows twice as fast, then outgrow carring capacity, starve, get sick, suffer and die, now thats ethical treatment.......

Schultzy 08-07-2008 09:04 PM

Look at it this way, that pathetic organization still got their name and agenda in the paper regardless and that was FREE. Don't be fooled.
Thats about it to Rob. Pretty sad!