Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 True Opinions on Hunting Shows! >

True Opinions on Hunting Shows!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

True Opinions on Hunting Shows!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:05 PM

Default RE: True Opinions on Hunting Shows!

Good topic, I was thinkin bout this yesterday,
some are good but the majority i dont care for. I wached some dude miss a stagbuck 3 times cut his ear,then finaly hit him in a horrible spot!!! All on camera with his buddy sayin "you smoked him, you smoked him!!!" I realy was disgusted by the lack of judgment on his shot, then the rest of the show was about the outfitter and sponsors, we all error however I would not have choose to put it on tv
Old 08-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I stopped watching them about 10yrs ago-I'm sure they still suck
Old 08-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I watch them for what they are, entertainment. Nothing more.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Steve......go on ebay and buy some old Howard Hill Stuff...lets of vintage stuff out there.....really cool bud.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Steve......go on ebay and buy some old Howard Hill Stuff...lets of vintage stuff out there.....really cool bud.
Thanks Brian!! Great email by the way. They look like they would be good eating!![8D][8D]
Old 08-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Primos, some Drury, WKP, HB, and I would highly, highly recommend Blood Bro.'s Hunting Marsh Bucks and the Wensel Bro.'s

LT
Old 08-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I watch them, better than a lot of other stuff that's on tv.. Don't really watch much tv in the first place though..
Old 08-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most shows, especially lately I've really started to notice, are just seeming like pure junk!

either ya totally promoting some Piece of junk item/product which I don't need or want.

I understand some shows have sponsors, but very few I believe these guys actually use and like, those shows are the only ones I can stand to watch of late.

I love hunting whitetails too, but that's all thats on tv and i mean i dont want to just watch whatever get taken, I want big deer, etc....i hate watching shows wher ethe guys feel the need tot ake any old buck just to please the audience, id rather them pass nice bucks for big boys or nothign at all.

Also variety, i like some exotic hunts, ie non whitetail hunts, but oh well.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

highly recommend Blood Bro.'s Hunting Marsh Bucks and the Wensel Bro.'s
These are some great ones LT! I've seen all of these, I should watch them again. Allot of info there!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:14 PM

I agree,[:@]

Most shows do seem like pure junk. I can't stand Babe Winkleman, Allen Warren or that O'brien fella. And Hank Parker 3D is ok but it's mostly a 30 min C'mere Deer/swacker infomercial.[:'(]

However Heartland Bowhunter on Direct TV channel 611 is by far the best show I have seen on in a while. They do an amazing job producing it. The quality is so good it should be on a channel like Versus or Outdoor channel.The website has a few episodes up still to watch. I wish they were all available to see.
I'd Like to the HB crew film a Elk Hunt. It's just an Awesome Challenge to close the distance on an Elk.

I switched to Verizon Fios so now all I get is Outdoor Channel and Versus. Bunch of guys with way to much money flying up to Canada to shoot a massive bull moose from 600 yards with a 3k dollar rifle isn't a hunt IMO.

Quick Reply: True Opinions on Hunting Shows!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.